It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kailee Casario.
Welcome Guest Staff: Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson, Jessie Campbell for Bethany MacLeod, Mike Hambly for Carla Richards, Kate Liu for Janet MacDougall-Turner, and Janna Goodwin for Kim Mason.
Alert! Students who are taking bicycles to school, please be sure to bring a lock to ensure that your bike cannot be “borrowed” during school hours.
Highlights for Today:
- CSLC Community Service Committee will meet today at 11:43 in Room 211.
- All drivers are reminded that absolutely no vehicles should be travelling through the bus parking lot between 8:00 and 8:45am and between 2:30 and 3:15pm. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
- Tickets for MRHS’s production of Little Shop of Horrors are now on sale from members of the cast and crew or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87. The show will run for three nights, May 14, 15, and 16, starting at 7:00 pm. Tickets cost $10 each for adults or $8 for students and seniors. This is going to be an awesome show!
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded that it must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- There will be a Women’s Softball meeting at first break in Room 85.
- Track and Field practice today at 3:15 pm.
- The Women’s Rugby team defeated Westisle 10-5 last night. Lily Klein and Jenna Fitzpatrick scored for the Vikings. Congratulations to the girls on a strong opening game.
- The Men’s Rugby team defeated Souris 7-5 yesterday afternoon. Will Buell scored for the Vikings and Nick Lund converted to give the men the extra points to win the game. Well done, men, on a very solid game. Man of the Match: Nick Lund.
- On Thursday, May 9, a representative will be here to talk to Parents and Students about Student Loans. The session will be held at 6:00pm in the Library. Students who would like to attend or have their parents attend are to sign up in student services.
- Holland College has a new scholarship! The Harrison McCain Scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen who has been accepted into a full-time program at Holland College. Financial need will be a primary consideration. Students must apply for the award. Applications are available in student services.
- The deadline for applications for the ‘2013 Atlantic Veterinary College Summer Academy has been extended until Friday, May 10, 2013. See Student Services for more information.
- PEI Mutual Scholarship Applications are now available! Two $800 scholarships will be given to MRHS grads. These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement and financial need! Interested students are asked to go to Student Services to get your applications. Deadline is May 17, 2013.
- UPEI is running a course on Facebook for incoming students called “Experience U”. There are no costs and students can sign up by simply ‘liking’ the page. http://www.facebook.com/experienceu2013. The Experience U Open Course is an initiative created by UPEI to help any university student answer questions about entering university. Students can share their questions with other new university students, current students who know about your first year and faculty members with answers, meet some great people, and make connections with other students before class begins! Experience U is a five-week course which began on April 25. The remaining four weeks will focus on the following topics: Students should drop in to Student Services for an invitation letter.
- Week 2: What’s a syllabus?
- Week 3: What’s research?
- Week 4: How do I succeed at university?
- Week 5: What’s a professor?
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
Prom 2013 Update:
- Prom tickets will be on sale from the ticket booth during lunch break starting next week (from May 6 to May 15) at a cost of $25 per person. Tickets will not be available after May 15, so please plan ahead. Also, you’ll need to bring your signed pink prom contract sheet with you when you purchase your tickets. All student fees must be paid to the office before a prom ticket can be purchased.
- Prom Committee is asking all Grads to submit pictures of school events, sports teams or fun memories throughout your Grade 1-12 years for a slide show during the dinner. Please drop off pictures to Ms. MacDougall-Turner in the library or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is May 10.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31 and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- The next STRIVE meeting is May 9th during lunch at the back of the library. Pizza will be provided.
Public Service Announcements:
- Montague High students who are taking Larry McGuire’s Driver Education program are reminded of your class times at Morell High this Friday, May 3, from 9:00am to 2:00pm and the following Monday, May 6, from 3:45 until 8:00pm. Every effort should be made to attend. Thank you.