It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome Guest Staff: Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson, Janna Goodwin for Kim Mason, Jessie Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, and Mike Hambly for Michael Merriam.
Highlights for Today:
- All drivers are reminded that absolutely no vehicles should be travelling through the bus parking lot between 8:00 and 8:45am and between 2:30 and 3:15pm. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
- Peer Helpers: There will be Block meetings today. Please attend.
- Debate Club meets today at 3:15 in Room 211.
- Girls Group will meet today at 2:00pm at the back of the Library.
- Tickets for MRHS’s production of Little Shop of Horrors are now on sale from members of the cast and crew or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87. The show will run for three nights, May 14, 15, and 16, starting at 7:00 pm. Tickets cost $10 each for adults or $8 for students and seniors. This is going to be an awesome show!
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded that it must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- The Women’s Softball team is to meet at the Phys. Ed. office during first break this morning. Bring your fees and forms in order to receive your uniform.
- Today’s home games:
- Men’s Rugby vs Souris at 4:30pm
- Women’s Softball vs Souris at 5:00pm
- Men’s Softball vs Colonel Gray at 5:00pm
- The Women Rugby team bus will depart for Westisle at 1:45pm today.
- Holland College has just added the Harrison McCain bursaries to their list of entrance awards. Ten of these bursaries are available and financial need will be a primary consideration. Check at Student Services.
- The deadline for applications for the ‘2013 Atlantic Veterinary College Summer Academy has been extended until Friday, May 10, 2013. See Student Services for more information.
- PEI Mutual Scholarship Applications are now available! Two $800 scholarships will be given to MRHS grads. These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement and financial need! Interested students are asked to go to Student Services to get your applications. Deadline is May 17, 2013.
- UPEI is running a course on Facebook for incoming students called “Experience U”. There are no costs and students can sign up by simply ‘liking’ the page. http://www.facebook.com/experienceu2013. The Experience U Open Course is an initiative created by UPEI to help any university student answer questions about entering university. Students can share their questions with other new university students, current students who know about your first year and faculty members with answers, meet some great people, and make connections with other students before class begins! Experience U is a five-week course which began on April 25. The remaining four weeks will focus on the topics listed below. Drop into Student Services to pick up an invitation letter.
- Week 2: What’s a syllabus?
- Week 3: What’s research?
- Week 4: How do I succeed at university?
- Week 5: What’s a professor?
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
Prom 2013 Update:
- All girls attending prom: Book your makeup appointments at Shoppers Drug Mart! Fee is $25 per booking, but if you buy $25 worth of makeup, your application is free! Cosmeticians are available to help you look your best!
- Prom tickets will be on sale from the ticket booth during lunch break starting next week (from May 6 to May 15) at a cost of $25 per person. Tickets will not be available after May 15, so please plan ahead. Also, you’ll need to bring your signed pink prom contract sheet with you when you purchase your tickets. All student fees must be paid to the office before a prom ticket can be purchased.
- Prom Committee is asking all Grads to submit pictures of school events, sports teams or fun memories throughout your Grade 1-12 years for a slide show during the dinner. Please drop off pictures to Ms. MacDougall-Turner in the library or email to email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is May 10.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31 and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- CSLC Community Service Committee will meet Thursday, May 2, at 11:43 in Room 211.
- The next STRIVE meeting is May 9th during lunch at the back of the library. Pizza will be provided.
Public Service Announcements:
- Eastern Eagles U-16 Boys practice at MRHS gym tonight from 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
- Montague High students who are taking Larry McGuire’s Driver Education program are reminded of your class times at Morell High this Friday, May 3, from 9:00am to 2:00pm and the following Monday, May 6, from 3:45 until 8:00pm. Every effort should be made to attend. Thank you.