It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Denver MacKenzie! We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the past weekend: Anna Sirois-LeCain and Samuel MacKenzie.
Welcome Guest Staff: Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson, Jonathan Gallant for Ronnie Munn (am), Janna Goodwin for Bethany MacLeod, Kate Liu for Sharon Anderson, John Smither for Trisha Burrows, Michael Hambly for Mike Merriam, and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell (pm).
Highlights for Today:
- Congratulations to Keith Nabuurs who submitted “Britt’s Boutique” for the name of the B Block student store in the main lobby. Keith won a Subway Gift Card!
- The following students are asked to see Mr. Lea before the end of the day: Morgan King, Megan Walsh, Gracyn MacLean, Lily Klein, Olivia Jamieson and Amy MacKenzie.
- Culinary class is serving a Portuguese-themed meal on Thursday. Cost is $8: Get your ticket now!
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded that it must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- Women’s Softball practice will be held today after school.
- All Rugby and Softball players must submit your consent forms/contracts and fees ($35 for athletes who have not played another school sport this year, $30 for those who have) to Ms. Dowd by tomorrow: Tuesday, May 2. If payment is an issue, please see Ms. Dowd to make alternate arrangements. No forms, no $ = no play!
- PEI Mutual Scholarship Applications are now available! Two $800 scholarships will be given to MRHS grads. These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement and financial need! Interested students are asked to go to Student Services to get your applications. Deadline is May 17, 2013.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
Prom 2013 Update:
- All girls attending prom: Book your makeup appointments at Shoppers Drug Mart! Fee is $25 per booking, but if you buy $25 worth of makeup, your application is free! Cosmeticians are available to help you look your best!
- Prom tickets will be on sale from the ticket booth during lunch break starting next week (from May 6 to May 15) at a cost of $25 per person. Tickets will not be available after May 15, so please plan ahead. Also, you’ll need to bring your signed pink prom contract sheet with you when you purchase your tickets. All student fees must be paid to the office before a prom ticket can be purchased.
- Prom Committee is asking all Grads to submit pictures of school events, sports teams or fun memories throughout your Grade 1-12 years for a slide show during the dinner. Please drop off pictures to Ms. MacDougall-Turner in the library or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is May 10.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is April 30 and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
REEL Canada Film Festival:
- MRHS welcomes REEL Canada Film Festival tomorrow. Not all classes will be participating in the festival this year; however, if your class is viewing a film, attendance is required as there will be an assignment given for each film shown on festival day. Please ask your teachers for more details or see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
Public Service Announcements:
- Eastern Eagles U-16 Boys practice at MRHS gym on Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:00 pm.