It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Morgan Jesso!
Welcome Guest Staff: Jonathan Gallant for Kristina McLane, Jordan Daigle for Zak Likely (pm), Andrew Murchison for Zak Likely (A Block) and Class Composition.
Highlights for Today:
- Peer Helpers: Block Meetings today for A and C Blocks.
- Culinary class is serving a Healthy and Colourful themed meal today. Cost is $8.
- Healthy Snacks will be sold from the Ticket Booth every day at morning break. Cost is $1.
- Students are reminded that the “School Store” will be open during B Block every day.
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded that it must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- Triathlon meeting today at 12:00 noon in Learning Centre A.
- Viking Strength and Conditioning Club training times: Today at 6:30pm and Sunday (April 21) at 1:15pm. Meet in the Fitness Centre. All students are welcome!
- Women’s Softball practice will be Monday after school until 4:30 pm.
- Midterm transcripts are not automatically sent to universities. If post secondary institutions have requested midterm transcripts or if students want their 2nd semester academic improvements considered for admission or scholarship purposes, please come to student services to made arrangements to have transcripts sent.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
Prom 2013 Update:
- All girls attending prom: Book your makeup appointments at Shoppers Drug Mart! Fee is $25 per booking, but if you buy $25 worth of makeup, your application is free! Cosmeticians are available to help you look your best!
- Prom tickets will be on sale from May 6 to May 15 for $25 per person in the ticket booth at lunch. Tickets will not be available after May 15, so please plan ahead. Please bring your signed pink prom contract sheet with you when you purchase your tickets. All student fees must be paid to the office before a prom ticket can be purchased.
- Prom Committee is asking all Grads to submit pictures of school events, sports teams or fun memories throughout your Grade 1-12 years for a slide show during the dinner. Please drop off pictures to Ms. MacDougall-Turner in the library or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is May 10.
- Attention ALL Students and Staff! The library will be closed from 8am to 3:15pm from Monday to Wednesday, April 22 to 24. This includes all study rooms, conference room and use of computers. The library will open for regular after school hours.
From the Library:
- Attention Grade 12’s : Are you planning on attending UPEI or Holland College next year? A UPEI Robertson Research Librarian will be at MRHS next Monday to help students improve research skills on the internet, EBSCO and UPEI’s library. Please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner to sign up for a session throughout the day. There are only a few seats left.
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is April 30 and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
REEL Canada Film Festival:
- MRHS welcomes REEL Canada Film Festival on Tuesday, April 30! The festival gives students and teachers an opportunity to view Canadian films that have content which is relevant to courses offered here at MRHS. Not all classes will be participating in the festival this year. If your class is viewing a film, attendance is required as there will be an assignment given for each film shown on festival day. Please ask your teachers for more details or see Ms. MacDougall-Turner. Watch for further updates as we get closer to festival day!