It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kathryn MacLeod!
Welcome Guest Staff: Andrew Murchison for Philip MacDonald, Juliana Jorden for Craig Conohan (am), Kayla Coady for Craig Conohan (pm), Juliana Jorden for Zack Likely (pm), Mike Hambly for Class Composition, and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Highlights for Today:
· The Bukowski’s will be eating cold plums and preparing for Arts in Action today at 12:00 in Room 211.
· Alex Smith please see Mr. Lea during morning break.
· The Culinary meal today has a Chinese theme. $8
· Peer Helpers: Block meetings today for B and D Blocks.
· Girls Group will meet today at 2:00pm in the Conference Room in the library! If you can not attend, see Ms. Coady in Student Services and let her know. Please bring permission forms!
· Students who have not yet paid Student Fees are reminded that your $20 must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
· No Women’s Softball after school today. Next practice will be Monday after school until 4:30pm.
· Viking Strength and Conditioning Club training times are as listed below. Meet in the Fitness Centre. All students are welcome!o Wednesday, April 17 @ 6:30 pm
o Friday, April 19 @ 6:30 pm
o Sunday, April 21 @ 1:15 pm
· Midterm transcripts are not automatically sent to universities. If post secondary institutions have requested midterm transcripts or if students want their 2nd semester academic improvements considered for admission or scholarship purposes, please come to student services to made arrangements to have transcripts sent.
· Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
Prom 2013 Update:
· Prom tickets will be on sale from May 6 to May 15 for $25 per person in the ticket booth at lunch. Tickets will not be available after May 15, so please plan ahead. Please bring your signed pink prom contract sheet with you when you purchase your tickets. All student fees must be paid to the office before a prom ticket can be purchased.
· Prom Committee is asking all Grads to submit pictures of school events, sports teams or fun memories throughout your Grade 1-12 years for an amazing slide show during the dinner. Please drop off pictures to Ms. MacDougall-Turner in the library or email to email@example.com. Deadline for photo submissions is May 10.
· Stop Cyberbullying group meeting on Thursday at noon in the Library Conference room. Feel free to bring your lunch.
· Prom Committee will meet on Thursday. Watch for location to be announced!
· Arts in Action Night at MRHS: Thursday, April 18, starting at 7:00 pm. Parents, students and community members are all invited to come learn about the arts at Montague Regional High School, including: Choir, Band, Visual Art, Culinary Art, Creative Writing and more! You will even have the chance to try out an activity of your choice!
· Peer Helpers: Block Meetings on Friday for A and C Blocks.
· Culinary class is serving a Healthy and Colourful themed meal on Friday, April 19. Cost is $8.
· Attention ALL Students and Staff! The library will be closed from 8am to 3:15pm from Monday to Wednesday, April 22 to 24. This includes all study rooms, conference room and use of computers. The library will open for regular after school hours.
· PEI Potato Blossom Festival is seeking nominations for the PEI Potato Ambassador. Candidates must be friendly, enthusiastic, mature and reliable, have knowledge about the PEI potato industry, demonstrate good public speaking skills and be between the ages of 18-21. The successful applicant will be awarded a $500 bursary. Applications can be found in student services. Deadline to apply is June 22.
From the Library:
· Attention grade 12’s : Are you planning on attending UPEI or Holland College next year? A UPEI Robertson Research Librarian will be at MRHS on Mon April 22nd to help students improve research skills on the internet, EBSCO and UPEI’s library. Please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner to sign up for a session throughout the day. There are only a few seats left.
· Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is April 30 and the Kobo draw will be in June!
· Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
REEL Canada Film Festival:
· MRHS welcomes REEL Canada Film Festival on Tuesday, April 30! The festival gives students and teachers an opportunity to view Canadian films that have content which is relevant to courses offered here at MRHS. Not all classes will be participating in the festival this year. If your class is viewing a film, attendance is required as there will be an assignment given for each film shown on festival day. Please ask your teachers for more details or see Ms. MacDougall-Turner. Watch for further updates as we get closer to festival day!