It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kyla McGuigan! Belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Leah Jordan, Christina Rose, Willis VanWiechen, Shianne Noseworthy and Amy Ryan.
Welcome Guest Staff: Kevin Scully for Class Composition, Michael Hambly for Lianne Garland, Kelsea McLean for Tim Lea, Martin Zver for Karen Malone (pm), and Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins.
Highlights for Today:
- Report Cards which were not distributed during Parent Teacher Interviews will be sent home with students in home room today. Any students with an A block study class can pick up report cards in the Library.
- Students who have not yet paid Student Fees are reminded that your $20 must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- Rugby Athletes: Mouth guards for rugby are available from Ms. Dowd in her office. Cost is $5.
- Women’s Softball tryouts today from 3:15 to 4:30pm.
- Women’s Rugby practice today at 3:15.
- All members of the Badminton team must submit their consent forms and fee ($15) to Ms. Dowd prior to competing at the zone meets. These items can be submitted to Ms. Dowd in the fitness centre today from 12-12:20pm
- Viking Strength and Conditioning Club training times are as listed below. Meet in the Fitness Centre. All students are welcome!
- Wednesday, April 17 @ 6:30 pm
- Friday, April 19 @ 6:30 pm
- Sunday, April 21 @ 1:15 pm
Prom 2013 Update:
- Prom tickets will be on sale from May 6 to May 15 for $25 per person in the ticket booth at lunch. Tickets will not be available after May 15, so please plan ahead. Please bring your signed pink prom contract sheet with you when you purchase your tickets. All student fees must be paid to the office before a prom ticket can be purchased.
- Prom Committee is asking all Grads to submit pictures of school events, sports teams or fun memories throughout your Grade 1-12 years for an amazing slide show during the dinner. Please drop off pictures to Ms. MacDougall-Turner in the library or email to email@example.com Deadline for photo submissions is May 10.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is April 30 and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
REEL Canada Film Festival:
- MRHS welcomes REEL Canada Film Festival on Tuesday, April 30! The festival gives students and teachers an opportunity to view Canadian films that have content which is relevant to courses offered here at MRHS. Not all classes will be participating in the festival this year. If your class is viewing a film, attendance is required as there will be an assignment given for each film shown on festival day. Please ask your teachers for more details or see Ms. MacDougall-Turner. Watch for further updates as we get closer to festival day!
- Anime and Manga Club meeting on Tuesday at noon in the library for final preparations for Arts in Action night.
- SADD meeting on Tuesday at 12:00 noon in Mr. Jamieson’s room to plan your road trip. Please bring T Shirt money and pennies, if possible.
- Prom Committee meeting on Wednesday and Thursday. Watch for location to be announced!
- Peer Helpers: Block meetings will be on Wednesday for B and C Block, and on Friday for A and D Blocks. Sorry for the confusion.
- Stop Cyberbullying group meeting on Thursday at noon in the Library Conference room. Feel free to bring your lunch.
- Arts in Action Night at MRHS: Thursday, April 18, starting at 7:00 pm. Parents, students and community members are all invited to come learn about the arts at Montague Regional High School, including: Choir, Band, Visual Art, Culinary Art, Creative Writing and more! You will even have the chance to try out an activity of your choice!
- PEI Potato Blossom Festival is seeking nominations for the PEI Potato Ambassador. Candidates must be friendly, enthusiastic, mature and reliable, have knowledge about the PEI potato industry, demonstrate good public speaking skills and be between the ages of 18-21. The successful applicant will be awarded a $500 bursary. Applications can be found in student services. Deadline to apply is June 22.