It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Nicholas Penny and Joshua Reeves!
Welcome Guest Staff: Kevin Scully for Class Composition, Donna White for Ralph Jamieson and Taylor Johnson for Kristina McLane (am).
Parent Teacher Interview Schedule:
- Today from 6:00 to 8:30 pm
- Tomorrow (Friday) from 9:00am to 12:00 noon and 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
- Parents/Guardians can pick up Report Cards from the Admin. Assistants before visiting with teachers.
Information and Support Session for Parents and Students
- Pre-Registration Required: Please call the school at 838-0835.
- Does your son or daughter put unnecessary pressure on themselves regarding school achievement? Do they worry a lot about doing well? Do they “stress themselves out” when they don’t reach the achievement expectations they set for themselves?
- If so, the school invites you to attend a session during Parent Teacher Interviews at 1:00 pm on Friday, April 12th, 2013. The session will give parents and students information and strategies for coping with the daily pressures of school.
- The session will be led by Carolyn Thorne, Counselling Consultant from the English Language School Board.
Highlights for Today:
- There will be a brief meeting in Mr. Trainor’s room at first break for all Young Blood for Life volunteers.
- There is a very important JAM meeting at first break this morning. All members must attend
- There is a very important CSLC meeting at break in the Learning Center B..
- The Bukowski’s will be “forsaking fries and coke to help keep their city clean” today at 12:00 in Room 211.
- Anime and Manga Club meeting today at noon in the Library Conference room.
- The next STRIVE meeting will be today at noon in the seminar room in the library. Lunch will be provided. See Mr. Conohan if you have any questions.
- No Concert Band practice today. Little Shop of Horrors pit band will practise instead.
- If anyone ordered extra super saver books, you can pick them up in Room #87 today.
- Here’s your opportunity to save lives. A Blood Donor Clinic is being held today from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. Book your appointment at 1-888-236-6283 or online www.blood.ca
- Students who have not yet paid Student Fees are reminded that your $20 must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- Women’s Rugby practice today at 3:15 – 4:30 in the gym. Mouth guards for rugby are available from Ms. Dowd in her office. Cost is $5.
- Men’s Rugby Tryouts today at 3:30pm at Montague Intermediate School fields.
- Women’s Softball tryouts on Monday from 3:15 to 4:30pm.
- Viking Strength and Conditioning Club training times are as listed below. Meet in the Fitness Centre. All students are welcome!
- Friday, April 12 @ 6:30 pm
- Sunday, April 14 @ 1:15 pm
- Wednesday, April 17 @ 6:30 pm
- Friday, April 19 @ 6:30 pm
- Sunday, April 21 @ 1:15 pm
- PEI Potato Blossom Festival is seeking nominations for the PEI Potato Ambassador. Candidates must be friendly, enthusiastic, mature and reliable, have knowledge about the PEI potato industry, demonstrate good public speaking skills and be between the ages of 18-21. Successful applicant will be awarded a $500 bursary. Applications can be found in student services. Deadline to apply is June 22nd.
Prom 2013 Update:
- Grads! Prom Contracts and Procedures forms are available in the office. Please pick up copies to be filled in and signed by you and your parents. Prom sign-in contact forms must be returned to Ms. Evans-Renaud no later than Friday, April 26, 2013. Prom contracts must be signed and returned before prom tickets can be purchased.
- Prom tickets will be on sale from May 6th to May 15th. Watch for further announcements.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is April 30 and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Skatepark Design Workshop is being held tomorrow (Thursday) at 7:00pm at the Active Community Main Boardroom, at the corner of Main and Brook Streets in Montague. Make this your Skatepark!
- Summer Soccer Registration is being held at the Cavendish Wellness Centre again on Saturday, April 20, from 10am to 2pm. For more information, visit the following website: www.easterneagles.goalline.ca