It’s “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Bryce Stewart and Anya Whiteway!
Welcome Guest Staff: Kevin Scully for Class Composition, Janna Goodwin for Bethany MacLeod, Michael Hambly for Carla Richards, Taylor Johnson for Philip MacDonald, and Peggy Franciosa for Toby Murphy.
Congratulations to the CSLC Spirit Leader Training Committee (Mikayla MacGuirk, Emma MacDonald, Hannah Nabuurs, Samara Blakeney, Jillian Hume, Kathryn MacLeod, and Noah Perry) for a hosting a VERY successful CSLC Spirit Leaders Training Weekend. Special thanks to Brittany Collette, Samantha MacDonald and Sharon Anderson for giving up their weekends to come up and cook for everyone. Thanks to Sandra Hicken, Amy Beck, and Bethany MacLeod for all of their hard work planning and chaperoning the weekend. Look out CSLC 2013….. HERE WE COME!!!! Any spirit leaders who are missing items after the training weekend should see Ms. Christie Beck in Learning Centre today.
Highlights for Today:
- Peer Helpers: No block meetings this week.
- SAVE meeting will start at 11:50am today in the Library Conference room. All members must be on time with your SAVE shirts on for another yearbook photo. Also remember bake sale items and fundraiser ideas!
- CSLC Billeting Committee meeting will be held today at 12:00 noon in Ms. Hicken’s room.
- Prom Committee will meet today at noon in the library for this week. Please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner if you can’t attend.
- Patti Larsen’s Writing Club will meet briefly today at noon in the Library for a yearbook photo. Meeting with Ms. Larsen again in May.
- Girls group will meet today at 2:00pm in the back of the library!
- Students who have not yet paid Student Fees are reminded that your $20 must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- A student has misplaced a pair of Lululemon shorts, size 6. If you have found this item of clothing, please contact the office.
- Men’s Softball: Today at lunch in the gym ASAP. Need indoor shoes/gym clothes.
- Women’s Rugby practice on Thursday at 3:15 – 4:30 in the gym. Mouth guards for rugby are available from Ms. Dowd in her office. Cost is $5.
- Men’s Rugby Tryouts for this week:
- Wednesday/Thursday 3:30 at Montague Intermediate School fields
- Viking Strength and Conditioning Club training times are as listed below. Meet in the Fitness Centre. All students are welcome!
- Wednesday, April 10 @ 6:30 pm
- Friday, April 12 @ 6:30 pm
- Sunday, April 14 @ 1:15 pm
- Wednesday, April 17 @ 6:30 pm
- Friday, April 19 @ 6:30 pm
- Sunday, April 21 @ 1:15 pm
- The Bukowski’s will be “forsaking fries and coke to help keep their city clean” tomorrow at 12:00 in Room 211.
- Anime and Manga Club meeting at noon in the Library Conference room on Thursday.
- The next STRIVE meeting will be on Thursday at noon in the seminar room in the library. Lunch will be provided. See Mr. Conohan if you have any questions.
- Here’s your opportunity to save lives. A Blood Donor Clinic is scheduled for Montague High this Thursday, from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. Book your appointment through Canadian Blood Services today! 1-888-236-6283 or online www.blood.ca
- Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for this Thursday and Friday. Students are reminded that there are no classes on Friday.
- PEI Potato Blossom Festival is seeking nominations for the PEI Potato Ambassador. Candidates must be friendly, enthusiastic, mature and reliable, have knowledge about the PEI potato industry, demonstrate good public speaking skills and be between the ages of 18-21. Successful applicant will be awarded a $500 bursary. Applications can be found in student services. Deadline to apply is June 22nd.
Information and Support Session for Parents and Students (Pre-Registration Required)
- Does your son or daughter put unnecessary pressure on themselves regarding school achievement? Do they worry a lot about doing well? Do they “stress themselves out” when they don’t reach the achievement expectations they set for themselves?
- If so, the school invites you to attend a session during Parent Teacher Interviews at 1:00 pm on Friday, April 12th, 2013. The session will give parents and students information and strategies for coping with the daily pressures of school.
- The session will be led by Carolyn Thorne, Counselling Consultant from the English Language School Board. Pre-registration is required. Please call the school at 838-0835 to register by this Wednesday.
Prom 2013 Update:
- Grads! Prom Contracts and Procedures forms are available in the office. Please pick up copies to be filled in and signed by you and your parents. Prom sign-in contact forms must be returned to Ms. Evans-Renaud no later than Friday, April 26, 2013. Prom contracts must be signed and returned before prom tickets can be purchased.
- Prom tickets will be on sale from May 6th to May 15th. Watch for further announcements.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is April 30 and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Summer Soccer Registration is being held at the Cavendish Wellness Centre again on Saturday, April 20, from 10am to 2pm. For more information, visit the following website: www.easterneagles.goalline.ca