It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Caleb Harding!
Welcome Guest Staff: Kelsea McLean for Janet MacDougall-Turner (am), Michael Hambly for Lianne Garland, Jonathan Gallant for Carla Richards, and Peggy Franciosa for Toby Murphy.
Congratulations to Dylan Lowery and Brooks Roche who were Bronze Medal finalists in the Curling Atlantics Under 18 in Newfoundland over the weekend.
Highlights for Today:
- All Student Council members, or anyone interested in being a part of the MRHS dance crew, are reminded of a meeting today at lunch in Mrs. Hicken’s Room, #87. This event is for all high schools in PEI to compete in a dance competition on Friday, April 19, at Kinkora High School. Sounds like a lot of fun so sign up if you like to dance!
- ALL cast and crew of Little Shop of Horrors must be at the rehearsal today after school.
- Choir and Band members should sign up outside the music room for rooms in Halifax. You must sign up in rooms of four. No more, no less.
- The CSLC and MRHS Culinary class are holding a breakfast at Kate’s Cafe on Friday, April 5, from 7 to 9 am. Tickets are $6/breakfast and can be purchased from any of the CSLC participant or from Room #87.
- The Yearbook Committee is accepting photo submissions for the final pages. Please submit photos on Replay it or email them to email@example.com .
- Prom 2013 will be on Friday, May 24, with a walk-through and dinner. Prom sign-in contract and procedures forms for parental signatures will be available for grads during the first week of April. All forms must be returned to Ms. Evans-Renaud by Friday, April 26. Check the grad section of the school website for further details as they become available.
- Grads: If you are interested in being on the Prom Committee, please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
- There will be NO badminton after school today.
- Women’s Rugby Team practice is scheduled for Thursday at 3:15 in the gym.
- Men’s U16 and U18 Provincial Rugby Tryouts will be held on Sunday, April 7, from 1-4 pm. All MRHS players are encouraged to attend!
- There will be an information meeting at Colonel Gray High School this evening at 7:00 for those interested in participating in the summer field hockey program held at UPEI.
- Peer Helpers: Block meetings will be held this Thursday (tomorrow), April 4.
- The Bukowski’s will meet tomorrow at 12:00 in Room 211. Remember to bring your poems!
- The Culinary class is serving a Lebanese themed meal on Friday, April 5. Cost is $8.00 for the meal which includes veggie kabobs, yogurt chicken with rice, red pepper humus with flat bread, sweet phyllo triangles for dessert and rose punch to drink. The Culinary class encourages everyone to try this meal! Sign up at the ticket booth in the Lobby at lunchtime.
- Here’s your opportunity to save lives. A Blood Donor Clinic is scheduled for Montague High on Thursday, April 11, from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. Book your appointment through Canadian Blood Services today! 1-888-236-6283 or online www.blood.ca
- There will be a representative for the ASAP Program (Accelerated Student Apprenticeship Program) at the school today. Any students interested please see Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady.
From the Library:
- Anime and Manga Club meeting will be held on Wednesday at noon in the library. Yearbook photo will be taken. Bring your lunches!
- Congrats to Rachel Campion for winning the $10 gift card for March. Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is April 30 and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school, please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
- Summer Soccer Registration is being held at the Cavendish Wellness Centre in Monday on Friday, April 5, from 5 to 7pm, Saturday, April 6, from 10am to 2pm, and on Saturday, April 20, from 10am to 2pm. For more information, visit the following website: http://www.easterneagles.goalline.ca