It’s a “D-C” Day!
Belated Birthday Wishes are extended to the following students who celebrated over the long weekend: Lucas Cann, Trevor Morrison, Marilyn Robbins, Bailey Clements (Gr. 10), Alex Gay and Landon Thaxter!
Welcome Guest Staff: Kevin Scully for Phillip MacDonald, Mike Hambly for Matt Killeen, Janna Goodwin for Carla Richards, Kayla Coady for Craig Conohan, and Peggy Franciosa for Toby Murphy.
Highlights for Today:
- Cafeteria Special: Homemade corn chowder with a homestyle biscuit and a small white milk for $5.50.
- First term physics students, Please see Ms Beaton some time today if you are interested in going to the Engineering Expo at UPEI on Wednesday, April 3.
- Supersaver books have arrived, so please come to room #87 to pick yours up.
- There is a meeting for all members of the registration and decorating committee of CSLC in Room #85 after school today until 4:00 PM. Please make sure you attend.
- Choir and Band members should sign up outside the music room for rooms in Halifax. They must sign up in rooms of four. No more, no less.
- The choir has a very important rehearsal today and tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning: make sure to be ON TIME, bring your uniform and look beautiful for the TV cameras!!
- There is a meeting at 11:43 for the CSLC Spirit Leader Planning Committee in Learning Centre B.
- The CSLC is holding a breakfast at Kate’s Cafe and the MRHS Culinary class on Friday, April 5th from 7 – 9 am. Tickets are $6/breakfast and can be purchased from any of the CSLC participants or from Room #87.
- The Yearbook Committee is accepting photo submissions for the final pages. Please submit photos on Replay it or email them to email@example.com .
- Prom 2013 will be on Friday May 24th with a walk-through and dinner. Prom sign-in contract and procedures forms for parental signatures will be sent home with grads during the first week of April. All forms must be returned to Ms. Evans-Renaud by Friday April 26th. Check the grad section of the school website for further details as they become available.
- Grads: If you are interested in being on the prom committee please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
Lost & Found:
- A new pair of earrings have been found in the girl’s washroom on the lower level. They can be picked up in the office.
- Thank you to the Men’s and Women’s Hockey teams and coaches for representing MRHS so well at the Bluefield High School Hockey Tournament. Congratulations to the Women’s team on a well played championship game!
- Athletic Council Meeting today in Ms. Dowd’s office at 12:05.
- Any students interested in taking a Rugby Referee clinic on Saturday, March 30, please see Ms. Dowd.
- There will be an information meeting at Colonel Gray High School on Wednesday, April 3 at 7 pm for those interested in participating in the summer field hockey program held at UPEI.
- ALL cast and crew of Little Shop of Horrors must be at the rehearsal tomorrow after school.
- Debate Club will meet tomorrow morning at 7:30 am.
- Peer Helpers: Block meetings will be held this Thursday, April 4th.
- Next themed Culinary meal is Friday, April 5 – Lebanese. Cost is $8.00. Sign up at the ticket booth in the Lobby at lunchtime.
- Here’s your opportunity to save lives. A Blood Donor Clinic is scheduled for Montague High on Thursday, April 11, from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. Book your appointment through Canadian Blood Services today! 1-888-236-6283 or online www.blood.ca
- There will be a representative for the ASAP Program (Accelerated Student Apprenticeship Program) at the school on Wednesday, April 3. Any students interested please see Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, McDonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is today and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.