It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Dillan Bourgeois!
Welcome Guest Staff: Taylor Johnson for Anne MacKinnon, Kevin Scully for Matt Killeen, Michelle Dalton for Peggy Flynn (pm), Mike Hambly for Jonathan Hayes(pm), Mike Hambly for Lianne Garland (am), Glenda Kohli for Lianne Garland (pm), Jonathan Gallant for MaryEllen Lowther, Janna Goodwin for Bethany MacLeod, Marlo Dodge for Gail Johnston and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Highlights for Today:
- Band Students please bring your uniforms to rehearsal today after school as yearbook photos will be taken.
- Young Blood for Life will be having a brief meeting today at 12:00 noon in Room 131. All are welcome!
- Today’s Cafeteria special: Homemade corn chowder with a home style biscuit and small white milk for $5.50.
- The following students must pass in their cooperative work studies folders right away! Kelsie Hume, Jona Johnston, Amber Breau and Maggie McCarthy. Please put them in Ms. MacLeod’s mailbox no later than Tuesday, April 2nd.
- Culinary Meal today: Festive Garden Salad, Tomato Bruschetta, Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs, Pull-apart Coffee Cake and Cherry Limeade. Tickets are $8 and will be on sale at lunch today.
- Results of Prom Voting: Prom will be a walk-through and a meal. Further information to come.
- Grads: If you are interested in being on the prom committee please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
Lost & Found:
- A new pair of earrings have been found in the girl’s washroom on the lower level. They can be picked up in the office.
- Meeting for all girl’s interested in playing rugby in Mr. Munn’s room at 12:10.
- Fitness Centre is closed after school today.
- Any students interested in taking a Rugby Referee clinic on Saturday, March 30, please see Ms. Dowd.
- Bluefield High School Hockey Tournament Schedule for MRHS games:
- Thursday, March 28
- Colonel Gray @ Montague (Boys) @ 4:30 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Montague @ Bluefield (Girls) @ 5:30 pm – CARI
- Thursday, March 28
- The MRHS Athletes of the week are Sarah Thompson and Josh Reeves of the MRHS Power-lifting teams. Josh was the highest placed finisher by Wilkes points for MRHS. Sarah showed dedication to her training and had personal bests in her lifts. Congratulations to both Sarah and Josh!
- There will be an information meeting at Colonel Gray High School on Wednesday, April 3 at 7 pm for those interested in participating in the summer field hockey program held at UPEI.
- Here’s your opportunity to save lives. A Blood Donor Clinic is scheduled for Montague High on Thursday, April 11, from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. Book your appointment through Canadian Blood Services today! 1-888-236-6283 or online www.blood.ca
- Next themed Culinary meal is Friday, April 5 – Lebanese. Cost is $8.00. Sign up at the ticket booth in the Lobby at lunchtime.
- There will be a representative for the ASAP Program (Accelerated Student Apprenticeship Program) at the school on Wednesday, April 3. Any students interested please see Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady.
From the Library:
- Anime and Manga club meeting today at noon in the library. Bring your lunch!
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, McDonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is today and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.