It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Bailey Clements, David Higginbotham and Cole Jenkins! Also, Birthday wishes are extended to Juanita Graham!
Welcome Guest Staff: Taylor Johnson for Anne MacKinnon, Kevin Scully for Charlie Trainor, Janna Goodwin for Amy Beck, Mike Hambly for Matt Killeen, Jonathan Gallant for Kristina McLane, Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson, Abbey MacCormack for Toby Murphy, Jocelyn Brothers for Yvonne Higgins and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Highlights for Today:
- SNAC meeting today at lunch in Learning Centre A.
- The Ginsberg’s are meeting to “whisper” facts, memories, anecdotes and eyeball kicks. The following students please meet in Room 211 at 12:00 today: Phoenix McCloud, Danny Cain, Sarah Brothers, Evan Furness, Devin de Montbrun, Alysia Docherty, Monica Furness, Amelia Hameline and Thea Stewart.
- Today’s Cafeteria special: Open faced hot hamburger with baked wedges, veggies, gravy & a small white milk for $5.50.
- Culinary Meal tomorrow: Festive Garden Salad, Tomato Bruschetta, Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs, Pull-apart Coffee Cake and Cherry Limeade. Tickets are $8 and will be on sale at lunch today.
- Grads: Do you want the prom to be a dinner or a dance? The voting begins today during A block! Someone will be coming to all A Block classes for you to vote! Please make sure all potential grads vote by seeing Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
- Grads: If you are interested in being on the prom committee please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
- Men’s Rugby meeting today from 3:10 – 4:30 in the Carpentry class.
- Any students interested in taking a Rugby Referee clinic on Saturday, March 30, please see Ms. Dowd.
- Bluefield High School Hockey Tournament Schedule for MRHS games:
- Wednesday, March 27
- Souris @ Montague (Girls) @ 4:30 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Souris @ Montague (Boys) @ 6 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Thursday, March 28
- Colonel Gray @ Montague (Boys) @ 4:30 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Montague @ Bluefield (Girls) @ 5:30 pm – CARI
- Wednesday, March 27
- The MRHS Athletes of the week are Sarah Thompson and Josh Reeves of the MRHS Power-lifting teams. Josh was the highest placed finisher by Wilkes points for MRHS. Sarah showed dedication to her training and had personal bests in her lifts. Congratulations to both Sarah and Josh!
- Band Students please bring your uniforms to rehearsal Thursday after school as yearbook photos will be taken.
- Young Blood for Life will be having a brief meeting Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 131. All are welcome!
- Thursday’s Cafeteria special: Homemade corn chowder with a home style biscuit and small white milk for $5.50.
- Here’s the news you’ve been waiting for! Save these dates for the upcoming themed Culinary meals: Thursday, March 28 – Mediterranean Friday, April 5 – Lebanese Cost is $8.00. Sign up at the ticket booth in the Lobby at lunchtime.
- Here’s your opportunity to save lives. A Blood Donor Clinic is scheduled for Montague High on Thursday, April 11, from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. Book your appointment through Canadian Blood Services today! 1-888-236-6283 or online http://www.blood.ca
- Speech Language Pathologist, Jenna Coady, a Speech Language Pathologist on PEI will be at Montague High to talk with students who are interested in pursuing a career in Speech. A sign up sheet is available in Student Services. The session will be this Wednesday at 12:00 in Student Services.
- UPEI First Year Advisement, this Wednesday at 4:00pm: UPEI will be sending 3 advisement representatives to MRHS to help future UPEI students pick out first year courses and answer any questions you may have about 1st year at UPEI! This is a great opportunity for students who plan to attend UPEI in the fall to ask questions about courses, housing, campus and different major and minor options. All interested students are asked to sign up for a time slot in student services! Time slots are assigned on a first come first serve basis.
From the Library:
- Anime and Manga club meeting on Thurs at noon in the library. Bring your lunch!
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, McDonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is March 28th and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.