It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Shania Goulet!
Welcome Guest Staff: Taylor Johnson for Anne MacKinnon, Kevin Scully for Matt Killeen, Jordan Daigle for Glenda McInnis, Natalie Hardy for Trisha Burrows, Audrey Llewellyn for Gail Greene (pm), Peggy Franciosa for Toby Murphy and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Highlights for Today:
- Ceremonies Committee meeting today at 12:42 in Learning Centre B.
- SADD Meeting today at noon in Mr. J’s room.
- There will be no Debate Club meeting this week. Debate Club will resume with a new schedule next week.
- All members of the MRHS Choir please arrive in your uniform to have your pictures taken for the yearbook at 3:15 in the cafeteria.
- Grads: Do you want the prom to be a dinner or a dance? The voting begins today during A block! Someone will be coming to all A block classes for you to vote! Please make sure all potential grads vote by seeing Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
- Grads: If you are interested in being on the prom committee please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
- Athletic Council Meeting today at 12:05 in Ms. Dowd’s office.
- Triathlon meeting today at lunch in Learning Centre A. New members welcome as we will start training from day 1!
- Men’s Rugby practice today at 3:30 in the gym.
- Any students interested in taking a Rugby Referee clinic on Saturday, March 30, please see Ms. Dowd.
- Bluefield High School Hockey Tournament Schedule for MRHS games:
- Tuesday, March 26
- Bluefield @ Montague (Boys) @ 4:30 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Colonel Gray @ Montague (Girls) @ 6 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Wednesday, March 27
- Souris @ Montague (Girls) @ 4:30 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Souris @ Montague (Boys) @ 6 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Thursday, March 28
- Colonel Gray @ Montague (Boys) @ 4:30 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Montague @ Bluefield (Girls) @ 5:30 pm – CARI
- Tuesday, March 26
- The MRHS Athletes of the week are Sarah Thompson and Josh Reeves of the MRHS Power-lifting teams. Josh was the highest placed finisher by Wilkes points for MRHS. Sarah showed dedication to her training and had personal bests in her lifts. Congratulations!
- Young Blood for Life will be having a brief meeting Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 131. All are welcome!
- Here’s the news you’ve been waiting for! Save these dates for the upcoming themed Culinary meals: Thursday, March 28 – Mediterranean Friday, April 5 – Lebanese Friday, April 11 – Italian Wednesday, April 17 – Chinese Friday, April 19 – Healthy & Colorful Thursday, April 25 – Mexican Thursday, May 2 – Portuguese Wednesday, May 8 – Canadian
Cost is $8.00. Sign up at the ticket booth in the Lobby at lunchtime.
- Here’s your opportunity to save lives. A Blood Donor Clinic is scheduled for Montague High on Thursday, April 11, from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. Book your appointment through Canadian Blood Services today! 1-888-236-6283 or online http://www.blood.ca
- Speech Language Pathologist, Jenna Coady, a Speech Language Pathologist on PEI will be at Montague High to talk with students who are interested in pursuing a career in Speech. A sign up sheet is available in Student Services. The session will be this Wednesday at 12:00 in Student Services.
- UPEI First Year Advisement, this Wednesday at 4:00pm: UPEI will be sending 3 advisement representatives to MRHS to help future UPEI students pick out first year courses and answer any questions you may have about 1st year at UPEI! This is a great opportunity for students who plan to attend UPEI in the fall to ask questions about courses, housing, campus and different major and minor options. All interested students are asked to sign up for a time slot in student services! Time slots are assigned on a first come first serve basis.
From the Library:
- Anime and Manga club meeting on Thurs at noon in the library. Bring your lunch!
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, McDonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is March 28th and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.