It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Heather Drake!
Welcome Guest Staff: Taylor Johnson for Anne MacKinnon, Kevin Scully for Ronnie Munn and for Andrew Henderson (A Block), Donna White for Bobby Nicholson, Jonathan Gallant for Peggy Flynn and for Andrew Henderson (B Block), and Trevor MacDonald for Bethany MacLeod. Staff and students should note that Earl Campbell is not here today.
Highlights for Today:
- SADD Members: Please pick up your penny bags from Mr. Jamieson and drop off your T-shirt orders today.
- Teacher Advisors for clubs and organizations in the school are asked to please contact Brendan Curran or Laura Young for a group picture.
- Lost & Found: A pair of pink sneakers has been lost. If found, please bring them to the office. A gold family ring was found last week. You can claim this special piece of jewellery by identifying it in the office.
- Any French students interested in participating in the Concours d’Art Oratoire are reminded that today is the deadline to apply. Great prizes and scholarships to be won. See Mme McLane for more information.
- There will be a contest for any students who vote for Amy and Rachel Beck in the National Searchlight Competition to win a lunch at Famous Peppers. See Ms. MacDougall-Turner in the library.
- There will be no indoor field hockey over March break. Field hockey resumes on Monday, March 25 from 4-5 pm.
- All those interested in Women’s Softball, there is a sign-up sheet in the gym. Try outs are soon!
- Receipts for athletic fees are available from Ms. Dowd if needed for income tax purposes.
- Women’s Basketball Players must return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd this week.
- Here’s your opportunity to save lives. A Blood Donor Clinic is scheduled for Montague High on Thursday, April 11, from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. Book your appointment through Canadian Blood Services today! 1-888-236-6283 or online http://www.blood.ca
- Any students who would like to learn more about Med School are invited to attend an information session put on by a medical student from MUN in the library during lunch break today. Interested students are asked to sign up in Student Services.
- Volunteer Opportunity: National U16 Softball Championships, August 7-11 (O’Leary PEI). Volunteer forms are available in student services!
- Speech Language Pathologist, Jenna Coady, a Speech Language Pathologist on PEI will be at Montague High to talk with students who are interested in pursuing a career in Speech. A sign up sheet is available in Student Services. The session will be Wednesday, March 27, at 12:00 in Student Services.
- The University of Prince Edward Island is pleased to invite high school students to attend UPEI classes on Monday, March 18, and/or Tuesday, March 19, during their March break. The University will provide lunch on both days. On Monday, the lunch will be hosted by the Atlantic Veterinary College and tours of the AVC will follow. On Tuesday, the UPEI Student Union will host lunch, followed by tours of the campus. Class visitations are available in the following subject areas: Nursing, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Spanish, History, Global Issues, English, Psychology, Applied Heath Services, Business, Women’s Studies, University 101. For a more elaborate list of which courses are available please visit student services. Interested students can register by emailing VPA@upei.ca with course selection and day by March 14, 2013.
- UPEI First Year Advisement, March 27 at 4:00pm: UPEI will be sending 3 advisement representatives to MRHS to help future UPEI students pick out first year courses and answer any questions you may have about 1st year at UPEI! This is a great opportunity for students who plan to attend UPEI in the fall to ask questions about courses, housing, campus and different major and minor options. All interested students are asked to sign up for a time slot in student services! Time slots are assigned on a first come first serve basis so hurry in ASAP!
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is today is March 29th and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Do you have a suggestion for fiction, non-fiction, magazines for the library? Please write your suggestions on the bulletin board in the library or speak with Ms. MacDougall-Turner. An order is being placed very soon!
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
Public Service Notices:
- A Prom Gala is being held April 6 from 6-8pm at the Stratford Town Hall Gym. There is a sign-up sheet in the office for any female students that are interested in modeling for the prom fashion show. Deadline is Friday. For more information please call 902-940-5323.