It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Ryan Flaglor, Makayla Jackson, and Jake Moore.
Welcome Guest Staff: Jonathan Gallant for Peggy Flynn (pm), Mike Hambly for Jonathan Hayes, Janna Goodwin for Amy Beck, Kevin Scully for Tim Lea, Marlo Dodge for Pamela Harris, and Bethany MacPhee for Earl Campbell.
Highlights for Today:
- Congratulations to Megan Walsh and Allie Boyle, who are the co-presidents of student council for the 2013 -2014 school year.
- There will be peer helping block meetings today. Everyone, please attend.
- There is a Grad Activity Committee meeting today at 11:45 in room 119 for a yearbook photo.
- What do all of the books in the library display case have in common? Today is the last day to fill in an entry form with your guess; this gives you a chance to win a $10 gift card.
- Spring Ahead: Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead this weekend!
- Any French students interested in participating in the Concours d’Art Oratoire are reminded that the deadline to apply is March 15. Great prizes and scholarships to be won. See Mme McLane or Mme Flynn for more information.
- Are you missing a black “Robins” coffee mug, a grey plaid jacket, a geometry set in a black zipped case, or a paperback novel entitled Maiden Voyage? If so, visit the main office and retrieve what is yours! Thanks!
- All Women’s Basketball players must return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd ASAP.
- Members of the Women’s Basketball Team are asked to contact their coaches if they are going to the Summerside Storm game on Sunday. The coaches have free tickets for them.
- Women’s and Men’s Rugby training session is scheduled for Tuesday, March 12, at 3:15 pm in the gym. All are welcome!
- The first Men’s Rugby meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 13, in Mr. Munn’s room after school until 4:30pm.
- Tickets for the Bluefield High School Hockey Tournament will be for sale at the ticket booth during lunch break starting on Tuesday, March 12. Tickets are $5 per day for students and $10 for three days for parents. Also 50/50 tickets are on sale for $5 (there will be one large 50/50 draw for the whole tournament – there is already over $1000 in the pot). All proc eeds go to the MRHS Athletic Department. MRHS game schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, March 26
- Bluefield @ Montague (Boys) @ 4:30 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Colonel Gray @ Montague (Girls) @ 6 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Wednesday, March 27
- Souris @ Montague (Girls) @ 4:30 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Souris @ Montague (Boys) @ 6 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Thursday, March 28
- Colonel Gray @ Montague (Boys) @ 4:30 pm – Cavendish Wellness Centre
- Montague @ Bluefield (Girls) @ 5:30 pm – CARI
- Tuesday, March 26
- Do you want to find out your blood type? Come to the “What’s Your Type?” booth in the lobby next Wednesday, March 13, in the lobby from 11:00 to 1:00 pm. If you are under 17, there are permission forms available from Mr. Trainor in Room 131.
- The University of Prince Edward Island is pleased to invite high school students to attend UPEI classes on Monday, March 18, and/or Tuesday, March 19, during their March break. The University will provide lunch on both days. On Monday, the lunch will be hosted by the Atlantic Veterinary College and tours of the AVC will follow. On Tuesday, the UPEI Student Union will host lunch, followed by tours of the campus. Class visitations are available in the following subject areas: Nursing, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Spanish, History, Global Issues, English, Psychology, Applied Heath Services, Business, Women’s Studies, University 101. For a more elaborate list of which courses are available please visit student services. Interested students can register by emailing VPA@upei.ca with course selection and day by March 14,2013.
- UPEI First Year Advisement, March 27 at 4:00pm: UPEI will be sending 3 advisement representatives to MRHS to help future UPEI students pick out first year courses and answer any questions you may have about 1st year at UPEI! This is a great opportunity for students who plan to attend UPEI in the fall to ask questions about courses, housing, campus and different major and minor options. All interested students are asked to sign up for a time slot in student services! Time slots are assigned on a first come first serve basis so hurry in ASAP!
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is today is March 29th and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Do you have a suggestion for fiction, non-fiction, magazines for the library? Please write your suggestions on the bulletin board in the library or speak with Ms. MacDougall-Turner. An order is being placed very soon!
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
Public Service Notices:
- Junior B Playoff Hockey continues: Total Assets Maniacs vs Kensington Moase Plumbing & Heating Vipers this evening. Game time is 7:30pm.
- Amy Beck and her sister Rachel have made it into the top 5 in the CBC Searchlight Competition for PEI. If students like their music and wish to vote for them, they can vote once per day per browser and computer or mobile device.
- Abegweit Driving School will be holding Drivers’ Ed classes from May 7 – 30. Students can enroll by calling 902-566-1482 or online at www.drivepei.com
- It’s PROM Season! An eight-week boot camp designed to help educate and motivate teenagers to lead a very healthy and active lifestyle is being offered at Atlantic Fitness East. Camps include group time with a certified trainer as well as discussions with a nutritionist. Even though they having already started, new recruits are welcome! Gals’ Group meets on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 4:30, and Guys (includes weight-lifting) meet on Thursdays, same times. Please call Cheryl at 838-3047 or email email@example.com