It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Noah Garnhum and Colby Huntingford.
Welcome Guest Staff: Jordan Daigle for Mary Ellen Lowther, Donna White for Sandra Hicken (pm), Pamela Hinks for Toby Murphy, and Brian Crane for Pauline Kelly.
Highlights for Today:
- There is a very short, but important, meeting today at 11:45 sharp in Room #87 for all student council and CSLC students.
- SNAC will meet today during lunch break.
- Any French students interested in participating in the Concours d’Art Oratoire are reminded that the deadline to apply is March 15. Great prizes and scholarships to be won. See Mme McLane or Mme Flynn for more information.
- Europe Travellers can pick up their ponchos in Mme Flynn’s room this week.
- Metallic earrings, still in the box, were found in the Science area. Please come to the office if these are yours.
- Nominee for Male Athlete of the Week is the Men’s Basketball Team. The Team represented MRHS with class and respect all season and their hard work and dedication paid off with a PEISAA Class A Championship last Monday.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the week for the week of the PEISAA Basketball Playoff is Monica Furness of Vernon Bridge. Monica is a Grade Twelve student. Her steady defense along with her offense threat makes her a valuable two way player. Also her dedication to sacrifice her body for the good of her team is one of the reasons the team did so well this year.
- UPEI First Year Advisement, March 27 at 4:00pm: UPEI will be sending 3 advisement representatives to MRHS to help future UPEI students pick out first year courses and answer any questions you may have about 1st year at UPEI! This is a great opportunity for students who plan to attend UPEI in the fall to ask questions about courses, housing, campus and different major and minor options. All interested students are asked to sign up for a time slot in student services! Time slots are assigned on a first come first serve basis so hurry in ASAP!
- There will be peer helping block meetings on Friday, March 8. Everyone, please attend.
- Do you want to find out your blood type? Come to the “What’s Your Type?” booth in the lobby next Wednesday, March 13, in the lobby from 11:00 to 1:00 pm. If you are under 17, there are permission forms available from Mr. Trainor in Room 131.
From the Library:
- “Spark” is the name of new resident in the Library. Congratulations to Gracyn MacLean who came up with this name and won the $10 gift card in this contest.
- What do all of the books in the library display case have in common? Fill in an entry form by Friday to win a $10 gift card. Need a hint? No, you are all smart, independent readers who can find the answer and read the books if you want!
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is today is March 29th and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Thank you to all the 200 MRHS students who signed up for class pager! 1 or 2 texts per month and you never know when a prize will be given to a class or individual student!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Do you have a suggestion for fiction, non-fiction, magazines for the library? Please write your suggestions on the bulletin board in the library or speak with Ms. MacDougall-Turner. An order is being placed very soon!
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
Public Service Notes:
- Amy Beck and her sister Rachel have made it into the top 5 in the CBC Searchlight Competition for PEI. If students like their music and wish to vote for them, they can vote once per day per browser and computer or mobile device.
- Abegweit Driving School will be holding Drivers’ Ed classes from May 7 – 30. Students can enroll by calling 902-566-1482 or online at http://www.drivepei.com.