It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome Guest Staff: Kevin Scully for Lianne Garland, Taylor Johnson for Natasha Nabuurs, Brian Crane for Toby Murphy, and Marlo Dodge for Gail Johnston (pm).
Highlights for Today:
- The following students are asked to please see Mr. Lea before the end of the day: Brendan Curran, Emily Blue, and Lily Klein.
- Laura Young, Brody Trainor, Tristan Chatman and Thea Stewart are asked to see Ms. McInnis in the library at 12:10 today please.
- Olivia Jamieson and Noah Perry must go to Learning Centre B at 11:42.
- Ms. Burrows will be showing the “Romeo and Juliet” film in her classroom at lunch and after school today, for any English 521 students who would like to attend.
- Thanks to those who claimed some of the “found” items in the office. We still have a grey plaid jacket, grey/black striped knit stocking hat, a black/blue kit bag, and a grey knit scarf. Students are asked to come and pick up their missing items.
- Any French students interested in participating in the Concours d’Art Oratoire are reminded that the deadline to apply is March 15. Great prizes and scholarships to be won. See Mme McLane or Mme Flynn for more information.
- Europe Travellers can pick up their ponchos in Mme Flynn’s room this week.
- Congratulations to Monica Furness and Brett Birt-Lundrigan for being named PEISAA Basketball All Stars. Also congratulations to Jagger Acorn who was named as an alternate to the All-Star team.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the week for the week of the PEISAA Basketball Playoff is Monica Furness of Vernon Bridge. Monica is a Grade Twelve student. Her steady defense along with her offense threat makes her a valuable two way player. Also her dedication to sacrifice her body for the good of her team is one of the reasons the team did so well this year.
- UPEI First Year Advisement, March 27 at 4:00pm: UPEI will be sending 3 advisement representatives to MRHS to help future UPEI students pick out first year courses and answer any questions you may have about 1st year at UPEI! This is a great opportunity for students who plan to attend UPEI in the fall to ask questions about courses, housing, campus and different major and minor options. All interested students are asked to sign up for a time slot in student services! Time slots are assigned on a first come first serve basis so hurry in ASAP!
- SNAC will meet on Wednesday during lunch break.
- Debate Club meets on Wednesday morning at 7:30.
- There will be peer helping block meetings on Friday, March 8. Everyone, please attend.
From the Library:
- Congratulations to Marc White for winning the February $10 gift card to McDonalds! Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is today is March 29th and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- If you haven’t already heard …there’s someone new in the library. Please come into the library to meet him. He needs a name and the student whose ballot is chosen will win a $10 gift card.
- Thank you to all the 200 MRHS students who signed up for class pager! 1 or 2 texts per month and you never know when a prize will be given to a class or individual student!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Do you have a suggestion for fiction, non-fiction, magazines for the library? Please write your suggestions on the bulletin board in the library or speak with Ms. MacDougall-Turner. An order is being placed very soon!
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
Public Service Notes:
- Amy Beck and her sister Rachel have made it into the top 5 in the CBC Searchlight Competition for PEI. If students like their music and wish to vote for them, they can vote once per day per browser and computer or mobile device.
- It’s PROM Season! An eight-week boot camp designed to help educate and motivate teenagers to lead a very healthy and active lifestyle is being offered at Atlantic Fitness East. Camps include group time with a certified trainer as well as discussions with a nutritionist. Even though they are two weeks in, new recruits are welcome! Gals’ Group meets on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 4:30, and Guys (includes weight-lifting) meet on Thursdays, same times. Please call Cheryl at 838-3047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abegweit Driving School will be holding Drivers’ Ed classes from May 7 – 30. Students can enroll by calling 902-566-1482 or online at http://www.drivepei.com.