It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Natasha Brandon. We also extend belated greetings to Tyson Courtney, Jordan Wisener, and Kyle MacKay who had their birthdays over the weekend.
Welcome Guest Staff: Kelsea McLean for Janet MacDougall-Turner and Marlo Dodge for Pam Harris. Earl Campbell is not here today.
Highlights for Today:
- Cafeteria Special: Chicken strips with choice of dip, baked wedges and a small white milk for $5.50.
- We have a growing pile of “found” items in the office: grey plaid jacket, grey/black striped knit stocking hat, brown fringed soft mocs, blue/back “Zwipes” zip binder, grey knit scarf. Students are asked to come and pick up their missing items.
- Congratulations to Mr. Philip MacDonald’s CHM621 class for winning the Stop Bullying Pink Door Contest. The class will be getting a pizza party from Famous Peppers! Thank you to Mme Flynn, Mr. Henderson, Ms. Burrows, Ms. Hicken, Ms. A.Beck, and Ms. Garland for their pink doors!
- Could the following students please see Ms. McInnis in room 119 at the beginning of lunch today: Laura Young, Brody Trainor, Ocean Benoit, Carter VanIderstine, Tristan Chatman, Nicole O’Donnell, Megan Thorne, Katelyn Ryan, Emily Blue, Trent Gillis, Ellen Holland, Thea Stewart, and Sarah Thompson.
- Any French students interested in participating in the Concours d’Art Oratoire are reminded that the deadline to apply is March 15. Great prizes and scholarships to be won. See Mme McLane or Mme Flynn for more information.
- Europe Travellers can pick up their ponchos in Mme Flynn’s room this week.
- Anyone interested in playing badminton should sign up; the sheet is located in the Phys. Ed. hallway. Practices start today after school.
From the Library:
- Congratulations to Marc White for winning the February $10 gift card to McDonalds! Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is today is March 29th and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- If you haven’t already heard …there’s someone new in the library. Please come into the library to meet him. He needs a name and the student whose ballot is chosen will win a $10 gift card.
- Thank you to all the 200 MRHS students who signed up for class pager! 1 or 2 texts per month and you never know when a prize will be given to a class or individual student!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Do you have a suggestion for fiction, non-fiction, magazines for the library? Please write your suggestions on the bulletin board in the library or speak with Ms. MacDougall-Turner. An order is being placed very soon!
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
Public Service Notes:
- It’s PROM Season! An eight-week boot camp designed to help educate and motivate teenagers to lead a very healthy and active lifestyle is being offered at Atlantic Fitness East. Camps include group time with a certified trainer as well as discussions with a nutritionist. Even though they are two weeks in, new recruits are welcome! Gals’ Group meets on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 4:30, and Guys (includes weight-lifting) meet on Thursdays, same times. Please call Cheryl at 838-3047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abegweit Driving School will be holding Drivers’ Ed classes from May 7 – 30. Students can enroll by calling 902-566-1482 or online at http://www.drivepei.com.