It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Meghan Byers, Ellen Holland, and Haley Irving.
Welcome Guest Staff: Kevin Scully for Chantelle Beaton, Kayla Coady for Craig Conohan, Donna White for Tim Lea, Mike Hambly for Mary Ellen Lowther (pm), Janna Goodwin for Carla Richards, Martin Zver for Karen Malone, Taylor Johnson for Anne MacKinnon, Denise McGillivray for Gail Greene (pm), and Marlo Dodge for Gail Johnston.
Highlights for Today:
- To wrap up Stop Bullying Week at MRHS, judging of the “Decorate Your Classroom Door Pink” will take place today.
- A grey plaid jacket has been in the office for a few days. If you are missing this item, please claim it by visiting the main office.
- Triathlon Meeting will be held today at 12:00 in Learning Centre A. You will be picking a day for your first indoor event, so don’t miss it! Bring your lunch if you like!
- Anyone interested in playing badminton should sign up; the sheet is located in the Phys. Ed. hallway. Practices start Monday, March 4, after school.
- All women’s hockey players who have not handed in their money and permission forms are now late and must have these in to Ms. Coady ASAP!
From the Library:
- If you haven’t already heard …there’s someone new in the library. Please come into the library to meet him. He needs a name and the student whose ballot is chosen will win a $10 gift card.
- Thank you to all the 200 MRHS students who signed up for class pager! You will begin to get text messages from the library beginning March 1st. 1 or 2 texts per month and you never know when a prize will be given to a class or individual student!
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is today and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Do you have a suggestion for fiction, non-fiction, magazines for the library? Please write your suggestions on the bulletin board in the library or speak with Ms. MacDougall-Turner. An order is being placed very soon!
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- Today is the deadline for: UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications and UNB Scholarship Applications.
- Camp Abegweit: Application forms for Camp Coordinator and Counsellors are available in the Guidance Office. Deadline is March 27.
- Scholarship packages for Honour Roll students applying to Saint Thomas University are available.
Public Service Notes:
- It’s PROM Season! An eight-week boot camp designed to help educate and motivate teenagers to lead a very healthy and active lifestyle is being offered at Atlantic Fitness East. Camps include group time with a certified trainer as well as discussions with a nutritionist. Even though they are two weeks in, new recruits are welcome! Gals’ Group meets on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 4:30, and Guys (includes weight-lifting) meet on Thursdays, same times. Please call Cheryl at 838-3047 or email email@example.com
- Abegweit Driving School will be holding Drivers’ Ed classes from May 7 – 30. Students can enroll by calling 902-566-1482 or online at http://www.drivepei.com.
- All students aged 13-21 are invited to a Youth Event, hosted by the King James Bible Baptist Church (Caledonia), being held at the Murphy Community Centre in Charlottetown, on Saturday, March 9 from 5 to 8 pm. Cost is $5 per person (includes bowling, food, and pop) if paid by March 2. After that date, cost increases to $10 per person. Call 838-4027 for more information or if you need a ride.