It’s a “C-D” Pink Shirt Day!
Happy Birthday to Bailey Brydon, Ara Fraser, Brent Gilbert and Emily Gilbert!
Welcome Guest Staff: Kevin Scully for Chantelle Beaton, Martin Zver for Karen Malone, Adam Gauthier for Trisha Burrows, Brian Crane for Rod MacDonald, Marlo Dodge for Lynn Hayes, and Dean Woodside for Earl Campbell.
Vote! Vote! Vote! One of our staff, Ms. Amy Beck, was shortlisted for the top ten in the PEI CBC Radio Searchlight Competition. Ms. Beck has entered this contest with her sister, Rachel. If you like their song and would like to vote for them (every day this week….) please go to http://www.music.cbc.ca . Thanks!! Congratulations, Ms. Beck!
Highlights for Today:
- Special in the Cafeteria: Open faced hot chicken sandwich with baked wedges, veggies, gravy, and a small white milk… all for $5.50.
- The following students are asked to please see Mme Flynn at break: Alysia Docherty, Emily Benoit, Connor Laird, Matthias Drake, and Brody Trainor.
- There will be a Harry Potter Club meeting today at 11:42am in Learning Centre B.
- Junior B Playoffs Game #3: Total Assets Maniacs take on the Holland College Hurricanes tonight at 8:00 pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre.
Stop Bullying Week at MRHS:
- Today is “Pink Shirt Day”!
- Decorate Your Classroom Door Pink with judging to take place on Friday.
- Pave it Pink is a “pay it forward” idea. We will have pink t-shirt cutouts for teachers, students and staff to write positive “pay it forward” acts of kindness shown to others throughout the week. The t-shirts will be hung on the wall in the hall to see if we can make a “clothes-line” or “highway” of t-shirts throughout the school starting from the front entry, down the main hall and upstairs and back again. Each act of kindness no matter how big or how small will be put up on the walls. Let’s see if MRHS can fill the halls with kindness next week! When you have pink shirts filled in please bring them to the library.
- Wear pink on Wednesday. There are “official” Pink shirts available at Mark’s Work Wearhouse for $10 but any pink will do. A picture will be taken just before lunch of all the pink!
- The Gym will be closed during lunch break today.
- All women’s hockey players who have not handed in their money and permission forms are now late and must have these in to Ms. Coady ASAP!
- Congratulations to the Men’s Basketball Team on bringing home the A Championship! Also congratulations to the Women’s Team on a well played championship game. The athletic department would like to thank the players, coaches, and parents for their hard work and dedication to basketball this season.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is this Thursdayand the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Do you have a suggestion for fiction, non-fiction, magazines for the library? Please write your suggestions on the bulletin board in the library or speak with Ms. MacDougall-Turner. An order is being placed very soon!
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school, please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
- Day Change: The Photo Shoot for the Disney Choir has been postponed until next Thursday, March 7, after school.
- There will be block meetings on Thursday for all peer helpers. Please make sure you attend.
- MRHS has been invited to participate in the 2012-13 School Health Action Planning Evaluation System – PEI (SHAPES-PEI) survey. This survey, which is implemented by UPEI and the PEI Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, collects information and youth perspectives on multiple health behaviours such as healthy eating, physical activity, tobacco and alcohol use, school connectedness, and more. Following the completion of the survey, MRHS will receive a comprehensive School Health and Profile Summary. MRHS students are scheduled to complete the survey on Friday, March 1. Parents should receive permission letters for their children in the mail. If you do not receive a letter, you can obtain one at the main office at MRHS. More information about this survey is available at http://www.upei.ca/cshr/SHAPES.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- UNB: “Admission on the Spot” – Today at 9:30am.
- Explore Program Deadline: February 28.
- The second STRIVE meeting is scheduled for lunch break on Thursday in the Library Seminar room. New members are welcome!
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1. Available only online!
- Camp Abegweit: Application forms for Camp Coordinator and Counsellors are available in the Guidance Office. Deadline is March 27.
- Scholarship packages for Honour Roll students applying to Saint Thomas University are available.