It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Quentin Kenny.
Welcome Guest Staff: Kevin Scully for Philip MacDonald and Marlo Dodge for Pauline Kelly.
One Hour Delay Schedule:
- 09:40: Students move to home room.
- 09:45: A Block
- 10:40 – 10:50: Break
- 10:50: B Block
- 11:43: Break for Lunch
Highlights for Today:
- All CSLC students who are on the Billeting Committee, please meet at 11:45 in Room 139.
- The Debate Club will be holding its first meeting today at 12:00 in Mr. Lea’s Room, # 211.
- The Skills Canada Competition for cooking is coming up soon. Anyone interested in a cook-off to represent our school, please give your name to Ms. Anderson TODAY.
- Students can still pick up matchmaker printouts in Room #87.
- Students who are interested in participating in a summer field hockey program that begins in May should see Ms. Dowd for details.
- The Women’s Basketball Team plays their semi-final game against Kinkora on Saturday at 3pm at Charlottetown Rural. The Men’s Team takes on Bluefield in semi-final action on Saturday at 5pm at Charlottetown Rural. Come out and cheer your on your fellow Vikings!
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is Feb 28and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Patti Larsen’s Writing Club has been cancelled for this month. The next meeting date will be posted soon.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Do you have a suggestion for fiction, non-fiction, magazines for the library? Please write your suggestions on the bulletin board in the library or speak with Ms. MacDougall-Turner. An order is being placed very soon!
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school, please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
- Sledge Hockey Have-A-Go Demonstration on Sunday, February 24, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre. All are invited to try out sledge hockey for free! Members of the PEI Ice Breakers Sledge Hockey Team will be leading a demonstration that will give participants an opportunity to try out sledge hockey and to learn the basic skills of the sport. Bring a helmet. Call 902-368-4540 for more information.
- SADD meeting on Tuesday at 12:00 noon in Room 224.
- MRHS has been invited to participate in the 2012-13 School Health Action Planning Evaluation System – PEI (SHAPES-PEI) survey. This survey, which is implemented by UPEI and the PEI Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, collects information and youth perspectives on multiple health behaviours such as healthy eating, physical activity, tobacco and alcohol use, school connectedness, and more. Following the completion of the survey, MRHS will receive a comprehensive School Health and Profile Summary. MRHS students are scheduled to complete the survey on Friday, March 1. Parents should receive permission letters for their children in the mail. If you do not receive a letter, you can obtain one at the main office at MRHS. More information about this survey is available at http://www.upei.ca/cshr/SHAPES.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- An RCMP officer will be coming to the school on the Monday morning to do an information session for students thinking about pursuing a career in the RCMP. Students must sign up and have teacher’s permission to attend this session. Go to student services to sign up.
- UNB: On February 26 at 7:00 pm, UNB is hosting a “Transition to UNB Fredericton” student and parent information session at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown.
- UNB: “Admission on the Spot” – February 27, 9:30am.
- Explore Program Deadline: February 28.
- The second STRIVE meeting is scheduled for lunch break on February 28 in the Library Seminar room. New members are welcome! STRIVE is a scholarship program sponsored by the Montague Rotory Club which rewards and supports students who have made significant improvements in their school performance and attendance from Grades 11 – 12. Participants in the program attend 3-4 lunch hour meetings throughout the year and two of the participants are awarded a $1000 scholarship for postsecondary study. If you have any questions see Mr Conohan or Ms Coady.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1. Available only online!
- Camp Abegweit: Application forms for Camp Coordinator and Counsellors are available in the Guidance Office. Deadline is March 27.
- Scholarship packages for Honour Roll students applying to Saint Thomas University are available.
- Projects Abroad provides opportunities for students to live and work in developing countries. For more information, visit www.projectsabroad.ca.
- The Atlantic Veterinary College will offer its Summer Academy in August for undergraduate students interested in pursuing a degree in veterinary medicine. Applicants must be accepted into university and be 18 years of age or older. For more information, visit student services.