It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Laura Gallo, and also to Hannah Gormley and Tanisha Victor who had their birthdays yesterday.
Welcome Guest Staff: Kevin Scully for Philip MacDonald, Kelsea McLean for Alana Trainor, Marlo Dodge for Pauline Kelly, Martin Zver for Glenda McInnis, and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Highlights for Today:
- Stop Cyberbullying meeting today at noon in the Library Conference room. Please drop your survey questions off to Ms. MacDougall-Turner asap!
- The Grade 12 Ski Trip is cancelled due to a lack of interest. Money that has been collected can be used as a credit for other Gr.12 activities later in the year (banquet/paintball).
- Students can still pick up matchmaker printouts in Room #87.
- There is a sign up sheet in the PE area hallway for all those interested in being members of the MRHS badminton team.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is Feb 28and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Patti Larsen’s Writing Club has been cancelled for this month. The next meeting date will be posted soon.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Do you have a suggestion for fiction, non-fiction, magazines for the library? Please write your suggestions on the bulletin board in the library or speak with Ms. MacDougall-Turner. An order is being placed very soon!
- If you are interested in being a library monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school, please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
- All CSLC students who are on the Billeting Committee, please meet at 11:45 on Friday in Room 139.
- There is a FREE movie night at Montague Church of Christ (beside the Superstore) on Friday, March 1st, where the movie New Hope will be playing. All are welcome to come out to enjoy the movie, where there will be free popcorn and juice provided.
- Abegweit Driving School will be having classes at MRHS from May 7 to 30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. To register, call 902-566-1482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sledge Hockey Have-A-Go Demonstration on Sunday, February 24, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre. All are invited to try out sledge hockey for free! Members of the PEI Ice Breakers Sledge Hockey Team will be leading a demonstration that will give participants an opportunity to try out sledge hockey and to learn the basic skills of the sport. Bring a helmet. Call 902-368-4540 for more information.
- Game Force is offering their Game Force 3D program at Montague High, starting Monday, February 25 and ending Thursday, March 7, from 3:20 to 5:20 pm. Only 4 seats left! See Ms. Garland ASAP.
- MRHS has been invited to participate in the 2012-13 School Health Action Planning Evaluation System – PEI (SHAPES-PEI) survey. This survey, which is implemented by UPEI and the PEI Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, collects information and youth perspectives on multiple health behaviours such as healthy eating, physical activity, tobacco and alcohol use, school connectedness, and more. Following the completion of the survey, MRHS will receive a comprehensive School Health and Profile Summary. MRHS students are scheduled to complete the survey on Friday, March 1. Parents should receive permission letters for their children in the mail. If you do not receive a letter, you can obtain one at the main office at MRHS. More information about this survey is available at http://www.upei.ca/cshr/SHAPES.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- Camp Abegweit: Application forms for Camp Coordinator and Counsellors are available in the Guidance Office. Deadline is March 27.
- Scholarship packages for Honour Roll students applying to Saint Thomas University are available.
- Projects Abroad provides opportunities for students to live and work in developing countries. For more information, visit www.projectsabroad.ca.
- The Atlantic Veterinary College will offer its Summer Academy in August for undergraduate students interested in pursuing a degree in veterinary medicine. Applicants must be accepted into university and be 18 years of age or older. For more information, visit student services.
- An RCMP officer will be coming to the school on the morning of February 25 to do an info session for students thinking about pursuing a career in the RCMP. Students must sign up and have teacher’s permission to attend this session. Go to student services to sign up or obtain more information.
- UNB: On February 26 at 7:00 pm, UNB is hosting a “Transition to UNB Fredericton” student and parent information session at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown.
- UNB: “Admission on the Spot” – February 27, 9:30am.
- Explore Program Deadline: February 28.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1. Available only online!