It’s a “D-C” Day!
One Hour Delay Schedule:
- 09:40: Students move to home room.
- 09:45: A Block
- 10:40: Break
- 10:50: B Block
- 11:43: Lunch Break Begins
Happy Birthday Alex MacDonald and Katelyn MacKinnon. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the long weekend: Hailey Irving, Jagger Acorn, Olivia Delodder.
Welcome Guest Staff: Kevin Scully for Philip MacDonald, Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Donna White for Sandra Hicken (am), Mike Hambly for Matthew Killeen, Marlo Dodge for Gail Johnston, and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Congratulations to Brandon Condon, Megan Walsh, Morgan King, Emma MacDonald and Ian Campbell who won 1st place at the OREO competition in St. John. They also won “Best Presentation” and “Best Dressed”. Ms. Malone and Ms. MacLeod are very proud of both teams that competed!
Highlights for Today:
- Staff of MRHS would like to thank the Parent Council for organizing treats & gifts for Staff Appreciation Week! Staff enjoyed all the wonderful goodies that were delivered last week! Friday’s winner of the prize draw was Ms. Natasha Dowd.
- The Grade 12 Ski Trip is cancelled due to a lack of interest. Money that has been collected can be used as a credit for other Gr.12 activities later in the year (banquet/paintball).
- Students, if you didn’t pick up your matchmaker printout and would still like to, please go to Room #87 to get yours.
- Love Songs Concert is on this evening, starting at 7:00 pm in the Cafeteria.
- Desperately needed: Volunteers for the Breakfast Club on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays! See Ms. Anderson in the office for more details.
- There is a sign up sheet in the PE area hallway for all those interested in being members of the MRHS badminton team (posted until Wednesday).
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is February 28, and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Patti Larsen’s Writing Club will meet tomorrow at 3:10pm in the Library.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Parents’ meeting for Europe Travellers this evening at 6:30 pm. Meet in Mme Flynn’s room to go over final forms and answer any questions you and your parents may have.
- Skateboard Park: Anyone who like to have input on the new Montague Skateboard Park are invited to a meeting at Active Communities on Main Street in Montague on Wednesday evening from 6:00 to 8:00. The head designer from New Line will be there, so this would be your opportunity to have input on the plans!
- There is a FREE movie night at Montague Church Of Christ (beside the superstore) on Friday, March 1st, where the movie New Hope will be playing. All are welcome to come out to enjoy the movie, where there will be free popcorn and juice provided.
- Abegweit Driving School will be having classes at MRHS from May 7 to 30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. To register, call 902-566-1482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sledge Hockey Have-A-Go Demonstration on Sunday, February 24, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre. All are invited to try out sledge hockey for free! Members of the PEI Ice Breakers Sledge Hockey Team will be leading a demonstration that will give participants an opportunity to try out sledge hockey and to learn the basic skills of the sport. Bring a helmet. Call 902-368-4540 for more information.
- Game Force is offering their Game Force 3D program at Montague High, starting Monday, February 25 and ending Thursday, March 7, from 3:20 to 5:20 pm. Only 10 seats are available. Students who have taken computer courses (CMP521, CMP621, ITE801 or CMM801) will be given preference. Seats will then be open to anyone who has taken ITC. You must be willing to commit to the 8 days. See Ms. Garland by Friday if you are interested.
- MRHS has been invited to participate in the 2012-13 School Health Action Planning Evaluation System – PEI (SHAPES-PEI) survey. This survey, which is implemented by UPEI and the PEI Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, collects information and youth perspectives on multiple health behaviours such as healthy eating, physical activity, tobacco and alcohol use, school connectedness, and more. Following the completion of the survey, MRHS will receive a comprehensive School Health and Profile Summary. MRHS students are scheduled to complete the survey on Friday, March 1. Parents should receive permission letters for their children in the mail. If you do not receive a letter, you can obtain one at the main office at MRHS. More information about this survey is available at http://www.upei.ca/cshr/SHAPES.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- NSCC just recently added a new Practical Nursing program at Cumberland Campus’ Amherst location. Spots are still available and interested students should apply as soon as possible as admission is on a first come, first served, basis. The first student applicants who meet program admission requirements are admitted to the program.
- Camp Abegweit: Application forms for Camp Coordinator and Counsellors are available in the Guidance Office. Deadline is March 27.
- Scholarship packages for Honour Roll students applying to Saint Thomas University are available.
- Projects Abroad provides opportunities for students to live and work in developing countries. For more information, visit www.projectsabroad.ca.
- The Atlantic Veterinary College will offer its Summer Academy in August for undergraduate students interested in pursuing a degree in veterinary medicine. The College’s Summer Academy provides student an exceptional opportunity to explore the profession in a hands-on, authentic way. Applicants must be accepted into University and be 18 years of age or older. For more information, visit student services.
- An RCMP officer will be coming to the school on the morning of February 25 to do an info session for students thinking about pursuing a career in the RCMP. Students must sign up and have teacher’s permission to attend this session. Go to student services to sign up or obtain more information.
- Saint Thomas University: FREE “Admission on the Spot” – February 20, 11:30am
- UNB: On February 26 at 7:00 pm, UNB is hosting a “Transition to UNB Fredericton” student and parent information session at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown.
- UNB: “Admission on the Spot” – February 27, 9:30am.
- Explore Program Deadline: February 28.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1. Available only online!