It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jillian Hume, Luke McIsaac, Zachary Munroe, and Carter VanIderstine. We also extend belated greetings to Dakota McKearney who celebrated his birthday over the weekend.
Highlights for Today:
- Europe Travellers: You are reminded that your bus money is due today. There are still some outstanding signed forms as well. Also, please see Mme Flynn to help complete the phone tree. Also, there are still a few passports that have not been handed in to Dawn yet. Please take care of that immediately.
- There will be an important OREO meeting today in Ms. Malone’s room at 11:45. All members must attend.
This is S.A.V.E. Week:
- Monday: Carolyn’s song will be played today and candy grams are going on sale today at lunch break: 50 cents for a small candy gram and a dollar for a bigger one. Buy one of these sweet treat bags and sent a message of kindness, love, or appreciation to a friend.
- Tuesday: During reading period, the winning video from last semester’s SAVE contest will be played. Congratulations to Ms. Amy Beck’s first semester home room class for winning the contest!
- Wednesday: A walk going through Main Street for violence prevention/awareness will be held today, starting at 11:45 at Active Communities in Montague. See Mr. Conohan if you would like to join the SAVE members on their walk this afternoon. Candy grams are still on sale during lunch.
- Thursday: Wear purple today! The home room that wears the most purple will be awarded with a $50 Famous Peppers gift card on Friday. This will be the last day to purchase candy grams.
- Friday: Bake sale will be held during lunch break. Candy grams will be delivered.
- All women’s hockey players are asked to see Ms. Coady in Student Services today to get a permission slip.
- Come out and cheer on your basketball teams as they take on KISH tonight at home. Women play at 5 pm, Men at 7 pm.
- The Men’s Basketball game is the final home game of the season for the Vikings. Come out, make some noise and cheer on your team!
- Matchmaker will be sold at the main student entrance on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week at noon. The cost is $2.00. Come and see who are your best matches at school.
- Parents’ meeting for Europe Travellers on February 19 at 6:30 pm. Meet in Mme Flynn’s room to go over final forms and answer any questions you and your parents may have.
- There is a benefit concert planned for Robie and Tammy Gardiner on February 17 (this coming Sunday) from 2 to 4 pm. This family had a house fire. All are invited out to the concert which will include lots of great entertainment as well as sale of fudge, 50/50 tickets and door prize tickets. Lunch will be provided.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is February 28, and the Kobo draw will be in June!
- Stop Cyberbullying meeting tomorrow, February 12, at noon in the Library Conference room. Please drop your survey questions off to Ms. MacDougall-Turner asap!
- Patti Larsen’s Writing Club will meet on Wednesday, February 20, at 3:10pm in the Library.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Do you have a suggestion for fiction, non-fiction, magazines for the Library? Please write your suggestions on the bulletin board in the Library or speak with Ms. MacDougall-Turner. An order is being placed very soon!
- If you are interested in being a Library Monitor in the morning, during lunch break or after school, please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- Camp Abegweit: Application forms for Camp Coordinator and Counsellors are available in the Guidance Office. Deadline is March 27.
- Scholarship packages for Honour Roll students applying to Saint Thomas University are available.
- Projects Abroad provides opportunities for students to live and work in developing countries. For more information, visit www.projectsabroad.ca.
- The Atlantic Veterinary College will offer its Summer Academy in August for undergraduate students interested in pursuing a degree in veterinary medicine. The College’s Summer Academy provides student an exceptional opportunity to explore the profession in a hands-on, authentic way. Applicants must be accepted into University and be 18 years of age or older. For more information, visit student services.
- St. FX will be hosting an information session for new applicants and their parents in Ch’town, at the Hotel on Pownal tomorrow, February 12, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Participants must register in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit student services for more information.
- An RCMP officer will be coming to the school on the morning of February 25 to do an info session for students thinking about pursuing a career in the RCMP. Students must sign up and have teacher’s permission to attend this session. Go to student services to sign up or obtain more information.
- Saint Thomas University: FREE “Admission on the Spot” – February 20, 11:30am
- UNB: On February 26 at 7:00 pm, UNB is hosting a “Transition to UNB Fredericton” student and parent information session at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown.
- UNB: “Admission on the Spot” – February 27, 9:30am.
- Explore Program Deadline: February 28.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1. Available only online!