Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jonathan Gallant for Sandra Hicken, Zachariah Likely for Bethany MacLeod, and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Highlights for Today:
- The Cafeteria is closed for the remainder of the week.
- Reminder to Parents and/or Students: Students who do not have exams should not be travelling on the bus.
- Morning examinations will begin at 9:00 am. First dismissal time is 10:30 a.m. All morning exams will be completed by 11:30 am with no extensions.
- Afternoon examinations will begin at 12:30 p.m. First dismissal time is 2:00 p.m. All afternoon exams will be completed by 3:00 p.m. with no extensions.
Information for Grads:
- Ski trip is planned for February 21. No experience is needed (lessons are available). Students must have a permission form signed by a parent/guardian, and must travel on the bus. There are three cost options: $5 covers bus cost (come and hang out at Brookvale), $10 includes lift ticket and bus, or $20 includes rental equipment, lift ticket, and bus.
- Students interested in purchasing grad clothing should pick up an order form; money and orders are due back on February 7.
- Students have an opportunity to participate in the Caps 50/50 Safe Grad Fundraiser. $10 will get one 50/50 ticket to be drawn February 15 and one ticket to a Caps hockey game in Summerside. Grads are responsible to return $50 for a booklet of 5 tickets; money and/or tickets must be returned by February 7.
- No Wrestling practice today.
- Mark Quinn will be running softball skills clinics at Montague Intermediate School starting Wednesday, February 6th. More information and registration forms are available at the Phys. Ed. office.
From the Library:
- MRHS Library is in quiet exam mode. Reminder: No food, no drinks, no talking in the Library.
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the Library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card; draw date is the last day of classes each month. The Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- The Dalhousie Faculty of Computer Science (FCS) is hosting their annual Computer Science Day for high school students contemplating a degree in computer science or informatics on Saturday, February 9, 2013. This event is an excellent chance for students to experience firsthand what a degree in this field could mean for them. Students will attend their choice of two workshops from: autonomous robots, web application security, graphic game design and hacking the Kinect. Registration (cs.dal.ca/csday) is necessary and it’s encouraged that students register as soon as possible so they can get in the sessions of their choice.
- The Atlantic Veterinary College will offer its Summer Academy in August for undergraduate students interested in pursuing a degree in veterinary medicine. The College’s Summer Academy provides student an exceptional opportunity to explore the profession in a hands-on, authentic way. Applicants must be accepted into University and be 18 years of age or older. For more information, visit student services.
- St. FX will be hosting an information session for new applicants and their parents in Charlottetown, at the Hotel on Pownal on Tuesday, February 12, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Participants must register in advance at email@example.com. Visit student services for more information.
- An RCMP officer will be coming to the school on the morning of February 25 to do an info session for students thinking about pursuing a career in the RCMP. Students must sign up and have teacher’s permission to attend this session. Go to student services to sign up or obtain more information.
- UPEI Music Program Application Deadline: February 1, 2013.
- McGill University Application Deadline: February 1, 2013.
- Saint Thomas University: FREE “Admission on the Spot” – February 20, 11:30am
- UNB: “Admission on the Spot” – February 27, 9:30am.
- Explore Program Deadline: February 28.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1. Available only online!