Welcome to the following guest staff today: Kati Ross for Peter Connaughton, Denise McGillivray for Pauline Kelly, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins (pm), and Peggy Franciosa for Gail Greene (pm).
Highlights for Today:
- The Cafeteria is open today for the morning only, until 12 noon; however it will be closed for the remainder of the week.
- Reminder to Parents and/or Students: Students who do not have exams should not be travelling on the bus.
- Students can purchase chocolate milk in Learning Centre A for $1 today.
- Morning: SCI421A, AGS801A, CHM521A, CHM621A
- Reminder: Morning examinations will begin at 9:00 am. First dismissal time is 10:30 a.m. All morning exams will be completed by 11:30 am with no extensions.
- Afternoon: FRE421A, HIS621A
- Reminder: Afternoon examinations will begin at 12:30 p.m. First dismissal time is 2:00 p.m. All afternoon exams will be completed by 3:00 p.m. with no extensions.
Information for Grads:
- Ski trip is planned for February 21. No experience is needed (lessons are available). Students must have a permission form signed by a parent/guardian, and must travel on the bus. There are three cost options: $5 covers bus cost (come and hang out at Brookvale), $10 includes lift ticket and bus, or $20 includes rental equipment, lift ticket, and bus.
- Students interested in purchasing grad clothing should pick up an order form; money and orders are due back on February 7.
- Students have an opportunity to participate in the Caps 50/50 Safe Grad Fundraiser. $10 will get one 50/50 ticket to be drawn February 15 and one ticket to a Caps hockey game in Summerside. Grads are responsible to return $50 for a booklet of 5 tickets; money and/or tickets must be returned by February 7.
- Morning: FRE421F, BIO521A, GEO421A, HIS621X, PHY621A
- Afternoon: PHY521A, FAM421A, HIS521A, OCN621A
- Don’t forget to get your tickets to see our “For the Boys” Dodgeball team who will be representing MRHS at the high school dodgeball tournament at Colonel Gray this Thursday at 6:30pm. See Ms. Dowd to purchase fan tickets, available for $5.
- Mark Quinn will be running softball skills clinics at Montague Intermediate School starting Wednesday, February 6th. More information and registration forms are available at the Phys. Ed. office.
From the Library:
- MRHS Library is in quiet exam mode from now until end of semester. Please respect the study time of others while in the Library. No food, no drinks, no talking in the Library.
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the Library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card; draw date is the last day of classes each month. The Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- UPEI Music Program Application Deadline: February 1, 2013. More information available on the UPEI website at www.upei.ca/music
- McGill University Application Deadline: February 1, 2013. All interested students must be sure to submit their application as well as fill out a transcript request form.
- Saint Thomas University will be doing FREE admission on the spot on February 20th! Representatives will be here at 11:30am to meet with students and give on the spot admission without having to pay the admission fee. Interested students are asked to please sign up in student services!
- UNB is doing an “Admission on the Spot” event here at the school in the Library on February 27 at 9:30 am. To sign up, please visit Student Services.
- Explore Program: Includes a bursary of $2,000, covers tuition fees for the course, instructional materials, meals and accommodation. Deadline to apply: February 28, 2013.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1, 2013. Copies are available online or in Student Services.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1, 2013. Available only online! http://www.unb.ca/sweb/application/entrance_schol.html. One application for all scholarships with a few exceptions.