Day 1 of Exams!
Happy Birthday to Julie Grant.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jonathan Gallant for Kristina McLane (am), Zak Likely for Karen Malone, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, and Caleigh Burhoe for Pamela Harris. Earl Campbell is not present today.
- Morning: ENG421A, ENG521A, ENG621A
- Reminder: Morning examinations will begin at 9:00 am. First dismissal time is 10:30 a.m. All morning exams will be completed by 11:30 am with no extensions.
- Afternoon: FRE521A, FRE621F, BIO621A, HIS421A, HIS621B
- Reminder: Afternoon examinations will begin at 12:30 p.m. First dismissal time is 2:00 p.m. All afternoon exams will be completed by 3:00 p.m. with no extensions.
Information for Grads:
- Ski trip is planned for February 21. No experience is needed (lessons are available). Students must have a permission form signed by a parent/guardian, and must travel on the bus. There are three cost options: $5 covers bus cost (come and hang out at Brookvale), $10 includes lift ticket and bus, or $20 includes rental equipment, lift ticket, and bus.
- Students interested in purchasing grad clothing should pick up an order form; money and orders are due back on February 7.
- Students have an opportunity to participate in the Caps 50/50 Safe Grad Fundraiser. $10 will get one 50/50 ticket to be drawn February 15 and one ticket to a Caps hockey game in Summerside. Grads are responsible to return $50 for a booklet of 5 tickets; money and/or tickets must be returned by February 7.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Bowl of garden vegetable soup, biscuit and a small white milk for $4.50.
- Morning: MAT421A, MAT521A, MAT521B, MAT621A, MAT621B
- Afternoon: FRE521F, GEO521A, GEO621A, PED621A, CLO521A
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the week for the week of January 14 -18 is Claire Diehlmann of Point Pleasant Road. Claire is a Grade Ten student. Her knowledge of the game, along with her solid defense and her ability to set good solid screens make her a real asset to the team.
- “For the Boys” Dodgeball team will be representing MRHS at the high school dodgeball tournament at Colonel Gray next Thursday, January 31, at 6:30pm. Tickets for fans are on sale for $5.
- The Fitness Centre is open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning, lunch breaks, and most days after school for any students who would like to work out or make up time for their physical education classes.
From the Library:
- MRHS Library is in quiet exam mode from now until end of semester. Please respect the study time of others while in the Library. No food, no drinks, no talking in the Library.
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the Library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card; draw date is the last day of classes each month. The Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- UPEI Music Program Application Deadline: February 1, 2013. More information available on the UPEI website at www.upei.ca/music
- McGill University Application Deadline: February 1, 2013. All interested students must be sure to submit their application as well as fill out a transcript request form.
- Saint Thomas University will be doing FREE admission on the spot on February 20th! Representatives will be here at 11:30am to meet with students and give on the spot admission without having to pay the admission fee. Interested students are asked to please sign up in student services!
- UNB is doing an “Admission on the Spot” event here at the school in the Library on February 27 at 9:30 am. To sign up, please visit Student Services.
- Explore Program: Includes a bursary of $2,000, covers tuition fees for the course, instructional materials, meals and accommodation. Deadline to apply: February 28, 2013.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1, 2013. Copies are available online or in Student Services.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1, 2013. Available only online! http://www.unb.ca/sweb/application/entrance_schol.html. One application for all scholarships with a few exceptions.