It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Brody MacDonald.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Mary Ellen Lowther, Jonathan Gallant for Alana Trainor, Peggy Franciosa for Lynn Hayes (am) and Yvonne Higgins (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins (am) and Gail Greene (pm).
Information for Grads:
- Ski trip is planned for February 21. No experience is needed (lessons are available). Students must have a permission form signed by a parent/guardian, and must travel on the bus. There are three cost options: $5 covers bus cost (come and hang out at Brookvale), $10 includes lift ticket and bus, or $20 includes rental equipment, lift ticket, and bus.
- Students interested in purchasing grad clothing should pick up an order form; money and orders are due back on February 7.
- Students have an opportunity to participate in the Caps 50/50 Safe Grad Fundraiser. $10 will get one 50/50 ticket to be drawn February 15 and one ticket to a Caps hockey game in Summerside. Grads are responsible to return $50 for a booklet of 5 tickets; money and/or tickets must be returned by February 7.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Sweet ‘n Sour meatballs with rice, egg roll and a small white milk for $5.50.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the week for the week of January 14 -18 is Claire Diehlmann of Point Pleasant Road. Claire is a Grade Ten student. Her knowledge of the game, along with her solid defense and her ability to set good solid screens make her a real asset to the team.
- “For the Boys” Dodgeball ream will be representing MRHS at the high school dodgeball tournament at Colonel Gray next Thursday, January 31, at 6:30pm. Tickets for fans are on sale today for$5. See Ben Lanigan to purchase a ticket.
- The Men’s Basketball team played strong team defense in the first half, holding Charlottetown Rural to only 26 points. But costly turnovers in the second half led to more scoring opportunities for a Rural team that caught fire beyond the three point line, and the Vikings were not able to keep pace despite a strong effort from all players. Of note: The Vikings were without Starters Brett Birt-Lundrigan and Cameron Glover who were on the bench with matching crutches and ankle injuries. Good luck to the players and all students who are writing final exams. FINAL SCORE: MRHS 32 Rural 64
- All Girls interested in playing for Montague Regional High School’s Hockey team are asked to please sign up in Student Services. Tryouts will take place February 6th! Cost is $5 for tryouts!
- Last call to all Boys A and AA Hockey Players: You have until Thursday to sign up and pay $5 for try-outs (which will take place after exams). See Earl Campbell.
- The Fitness Centre is open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning, lunch breaks, and most days after school for any students who would like to work out or make up time for their physical education classes.
- Friday in the Cafeteria: Bowl of garden vegetable soup, biscuit and a small white milk for $4.50.
- Friday Morning Exams: ENG421A, ENG521A, ENG621A
- Friday Afternoon Exams: FRE521A, FRE621F, BIO621A, HIS421A, HIS621B
From the Library:
- MRHS Library is in quiet exam mode from now until end of semester. Please respect the study time of others while in the Library. No food, no drinks, no talking in the Library.
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the Library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card; draw date is the last day of classes each month. The Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- UPEI Music Program Application Deadline: February 1, 2013. More information available on the UPEI website at www.upei.ca/music
- McGill University Application Deadline: February 1, 2013. All interested students must be sure to submit their application as well as fill out a transcript request form.
- Saint Thomas University will be doing FREE admission on the spot on February 20th! Representatives will be here at 11:30am to meet with students and give on the spot admission without having to pay the admission fee. Interested students are asked to please sign up in student services!
- UNB is doing an “Admission on the Spot” event here at the school in the Library on February 27 at 9:30 am. To sign up, please visit Student Services.
- Explore Program: Includes a bursary of $2,000, covers tuition fees for the course, instructional materials, meals and accommodation. Deadline to apply: February 28, 2013.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1, 2013. Copies are available online or in Student Services.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1, 2013. Available only online! http://www.unb.ca/sweb/application/entrance_schol.html. One application for all scholarships with a few exceptions.