It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Olivia Lannigan.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Janna Goodwin for Kelly Pike, Zak Likely for Anne MacKinnon, Brian Somers for Peter Connaughton, Kati Ross for Craig Conohan, Trevor MacDonald, Brian Crane for Lynn Hayes, and Marlo Dodge for Yvonne Higgins.
Information for Grads:
- Ski trip is planned for February 21. No experience is needed (lessons are available). Students must have a permission form signed by a parent/guardian, and must travel on the bus. There are three cost options: $5 covers bus cost (come and hang out at Brookvale), $10 includes lift ticket and bus, or $20 includes rental equipment, lift ticket, and bus.
- Students interested in purchasing grad clothing should pick up an order form; money and orders are due back on February 7.
- Students have an opportunity to participate in the Caps 50/50 Safe Grad Fundraiser. $10 will get one 50/50 ticket to be drawn February 15 and one ticket to a Caps hockey game in Summerside. Grads are responsible to return $50 for a booklet of 5 tickets; money and/or tickets must be returned by February 7.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Spaghetti and meat sauce, comes with a garlic bread and a small white milk for $5.50.
- The Global Action Club is selling ice cream sundaes today: $1.50 for plain ice cream and $2 for ice cream and toppings. All proceeds will be going to our twin school in Kiirua, Kenya.
- Holland College will be hosting a Community Night in the Library this evening from 6:30 to 7:30. All members of the community are welcome to come and learn more about the many programs and opportunities Holland College has to offer.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the week for the week of January 14 -18 is Claire Diehlmann of Point Pleasant Road. Claire is a Grade Ten student. Her knowledge of the game, along with her solid defense and her ability to set good solid screens make her a real asset to the team.
- Come out and cheer on your basketball teams as they take on Charlottetown Rural tonight at home. Women play at 5 pm, Men at 7 pm.
- All Girls interested in playing for Montague Regional High School’s Hockey team are asked to please sign up in Student Services. Tryouts will take place February 6th! Cost is $5 for tryouts!
- Last call to all Boys A and AA Hockey Players: You have until Thursday to sign up and pay $5 for try-outs (which will take place after exams). See Earl Campbell.
- All students who are interested in playing on the badminton team this year are encouraged to attend recreational badminton which is held here on Sunday evenings from 7 to 9.
- The Fitness Centre is open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning, lunch breaks, and most days after school for any students who would like to work out or make up time for their physical education classes.
- Thursday in the Cafeteria: Sweet ‘n Sour meatballs with rice, egg roll and a small white milk for $5.50.
- Friday in the Cafeteria: Bowl of garden vegetable soup, biscuit and a small white milk for $4.50.
- Exams will begin this Friday, January 25.
From the Library:
- Need a Library study room or a computer to use during exam week? Please sign up in the Library.
- MRHS Library is in quiet exam mode from now until end of semester. Please respect the study time of others while in the Library. No food, no drinks, no talking in the Library.
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the Library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card; draw date is the last day of classes each month. The Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- UPEI Music Program Application Deadline: February 1, 2013. More information available on the UPEI website at www.upei.ca/music
- McGill University Application Deadline: February 1, 2013. All interested students must be sure to submit their application as well as fill out a transcript request form.
- Saint Thomas University will be doing FREE admission on the spot on February 20th! Representatives will be here at 11:30am to meet with students and give on the spot admission without having to pay the admission fee. Interested students are asked to please sign up in student services!
- UNB is doing an “Admission on the Spot” event here at the school in the Library on February 27 at 9:30 am. To sign up, please visit Student Services.
- Explore Program: Includes a bursary of $2,000, covers tuition fees for the course, instructional materials, meals and accommodation. Deadline to apply: February 28, 2013.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1, 2013. Copies are available online or in Student Services.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1, 2013. Available only online! http://www.unb.ca/sweb/application/entrance_schol.html. One application for all scholarships with a few exceptions.