It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Kevin Scully for Chantelle Beaton, Andrew Murchison for Craig Conohan (am), Kayla Coady for Craig Conohan (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston, Peggy Franciosa for Yvonne Higgins, and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Chicken breast with mashed potatoes, veggies, gravy and a small white milk for $5.50.
- Looking for a treat? There are still snack items left over from the basketball tournament canteen, including Gatorade. If you are interested in purchasing any snacks, please go to Room #87.
- The Global Action Club will meet today at 12:00 in Mr. Lea’s room.
- Students are encouraged to submit requests for the Friday Song to the office by Thursday each week. Students who want to request a song must submit a printed copy of the lyrics with your name on the top.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the week for the week of January 14 -18 is Claire Diehlmann of Point Pleasant Road. Claire is a Grade Ten student. Her knowledge of the game, along with her solid defense and her ability to set good solid screens make her a real asset to the team.
- There is a meeting for the “For the Boys” Dodgeball team in Ms. Dowd’s office at morning break.
- Ashley Cotton, James Sudsbury, Ryan Ferguson, and Michaela LaPorte, please see Ms. Dowd in her office at first break.
- The Womens Basketball team lost to Souris last night 46 – 37. Monica Furness had 10 points, Shanley Saunders had 8 points and Michaela La Porte had 8 points. Good job ladies.
- All students who are interested in playing on the badminton team this year are encouraged to attend recreational badminton which is held in the high school gym on Sunday evenings from 7 to 9 pm.
- The Fitness Centre is open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning, lunch breaks, and most days after school for any students who would like to work out or make up time for their physical education classes.
- All are invited to the Team Canada Pep Rally this evening from 6 to 7:30 in the Hambly Room of the Cavendish Wellness Centre in Montague. Alyssa Chapman and Ellen MacNearney will be competing at the 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games in South Korea and this would be a great opportunity to cheer them on.
- Wednesday in the Cafeteria: Spaghetti and meat sauce, comes with a garlic bread and a small white milk for $5.50.
- The Global Action club ice cream fundraiser is scheduled for tomorrow: $1.50 for plain ice cream and $2 for ice cream and toppings. All proceeds will be going to our twin school in Kiirua, Kenya.
- Exams will begin this Friday, January 25.
From the Library:
- Need a Library study room or a computer to use during exam week? Please sign up in the Library.
- MRHS Library is in quiet exam mode from now until end of semester. Please respect the study time of others while in the Library. No food, no drinks, no talking in the Library.
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the Library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card; draw date is the last day of classes each month. The Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Student Services Notices: (More Information Available in Student Services Office)
- Holland College will be hosting a Community Night in the Library this Wednesday evening from 6:30 to 7:30. All members of the community are welcome to come and learn more about the many programs and opportunities Holland College has to offer.
- UPEI Music Program Application Deadline: February 1, 2013. More information available on the UPEI website at www.upei.ca/music
- McGill University Application Deadline: February 1, 2013. All interested students must be sure to submit their application as well as fill out a transcript request form.
- Saint Thomas University will be doing FREE admission on the spot on February 20th! Representatives will be here at 11:30am to meet with students and give on the spot admission without having to pay the admission fee. Interested students are asked to please sign up in student services!
- UNB is doing an “Admission on the Spot” event here at the school in the Library on February 27 at 9:30 am. To sign up, please visit Student Services.
- Explore Program: Includes a bursary of $2,000, covers tuition fees for the course, instructional materials, meals and accommodation. Deadline to apply: February 28, 2013.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications Deadline: March 1, 2013. Copies are available online or in Student Services.
- UNB Scholarship Application Deadline: March 1, 2013. Available only online! http://www.unb.ca/sweb/application/entrance_schol.html. One application for all scholarships with a few exceptions.