It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Mikayla McGuirk, Krystal Pirch and Brooke Stewart. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Lucas Larkin, Austin Leeco, Cian McTavish, Chiane Perrot and Daniel Timen.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Donna White for Kim Mason, and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene. Today’s Highlights:
- Reps from UPEI are here today, giving an information session for any Grade 12 students considering applying to UPEI. Students who have signed up and have permission from A Block teachers are invited to the Library at 9:00 am.
- There will be a SNAC meeting at 11:45 in learning Centre B.
- Students are encouraged to submit requests for the Friday Song to the office by Thursday each week. Students who want to request a song must submit a printed copy of the lyrics with your name on the top.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for the week of January 7-11 is Hayden MacKinnon of Albion. Hayden is a dedicated member of the power lifting team who has worked hard all season to improve his personal fitness and lifting. Hayden finished 7th out of 33 lifters in his weight class at the meet held in Westisle last week.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of January 7-11 is Alanna VanWiechen of St. Mary’s Road. Alanna is a Grade Eleven student. In her last two games, Alanna has averaged 15 points per game. Her ability to play a complete game without a break is a real asset to her team.
- The basketball teams will depart for Colonel Gray at 3:45 pm today.
- Power Lifters should be in the Fitness Centre on Wednesday with Wyatt Inman. Friday is no longer a power-lifting day.
- The Fitness Centre is open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning, lunch breaks, and most days after school for any students who would like to work out or make up time for their physical education classes. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Wednesdays after school.
- SNAC is selling Chicken Caesar wraps with a drink tomorrow. Both for $4.
- Global Action Club will meet tomorrow in Mr. Lea’s room at 12:00 noon.
- Harry Potter Club will be meeting tomorrow at 11:42 in Learning Centre B. All houses must be ready to present their theme park proposals. Your professors look forward to judging. May the best wizards win!
From the Library:
- Patti Larsen’s Writing Club will meet this Wednesday, at 3:10pm in the library.
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is January 31. The Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Student Services Notices:
- UPEI Music Program Deadline for applications: February 1, 2013. More information available on the UPEI website at www.upei.ca/music
- McGill University Deadline for applications: February 1, 2013. All interested students must be sure to submit their application as well as fill out a transcript request form (in student services) prior to this deadline.
- UNB is doing an admission on the Spot event here at the school in the Library on February 27 at 9:30 am. To find out more info about this opportunity or to sign up, please visit Student Services.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications are now available online! Copies are available online or in Student Services. Deadline: March 1, 2013.
- UNB Scholarship Applications are now available ONLY online! One application for all scholarships except for: The Currie, The Schulich and the H. Harrison McCain. (Do not have to be accepted at UNB to apply). More information available in Student Services. Deadline: March 1, 2013. https://www.unb.ca/sweb/application/entrance_schol.html
- Explore Program: This program offers students an opportunity to live an extraordinary linguistic and cultural experience in a Francophone institution of their choice for 5 weeks during the summer session or spring session for post secondary students. The bursary of $2,000 covers tuition fees for the course, instructional materials, meals and accommodation. The deadline for applying is February 28, 2013.
- Holland College will be hosting a Community Night in the Library on January 23 from 6:30 to 7:30. All members of the community are welcome to come and learn more about the many programs and opportunities Holland College has to offer.