It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Terry Bedell and Lucus Cuddy.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Janna Goodwin for Bethany MacLeod, Kevin Scully for Philip MacDonald and Donna White for Kelly Pike.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Home-made chili with garlic bun and a small white milk for $5.
- Any Grade 10 French students who are applying for the Quebec exchange next year are reminded that your forms are now due. Please get them in to Mme Flynn today.
- No Triathlon training today.
- Dodgeball Today: The Championship game (winners of the crossovers) is today.
- MRHS Badminton Club meets every Sunday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. All students are welcome!
- The Fitness Centre is open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning, lunch breaks, and most days after school for any students who would like to work out or make up time for their physical education classes. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- SNAC is selling chicken Caesar wraps with a drink, both for $4, on Tuesday, January 15. You can pre-order your wrap today at the ticket booth.
- Harry Potter Club will be meeting next Tuesday at 11:42 in Learning Centre B. All houses must be ready to present their theme park proposals. Your professors look forward to judging. May the best wizards win!
From the Library:
- Kobos are available to be borrowed. There are over 600 books on each e-reader. Please see Ms. MacDougall for one before they all go!
- Patti Larsen’s Writing Club will meet on Wednesday, January 16, at 3:10pm in the library.
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is January 31. The Kobo draw will be in June!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Student Services Notices:
- UPEI Music Program Deadline for applications: February 1, 2013. More information available on the UPEI website at www.upei.ca/music
- McGill University Deadline for applications: February 1, 2013. All interested students must be sure to submit their application as well as fill out a transcript request form (in student services) prior to this deadline.
- UPEI Scholarship and Bursary Applications are now available online! Copies are available online or in Student Services. Deadline: March 1, 2013.
- UNB Scholarship Applications are now available ONLY online! One application for all scholarships except for: The Currie, The Schulich and the H. Harrison McCain. (Do not have to be accepted at UNB to apply). More information available in Student Services. Deadline: March 1, 2013. https://www.unb.ca/sweb/application/entrance_schol.html
- Explore Program: This program offers students an opportunity to live an extraordinary linguistic and cultural experience in a Francophone institution of their choice for 5 weeks during the summer session or spring session for post secondary students. The bursary of $2,000 covers tuition fees for the course, instructional materials, meals and accommodation. The deadline for applying is February 28, 2013.
- Next Monday, January 14, reps from UPEI will be coming to the school to do an important info session for any Grade 12 students considering applying to UPEI. Lots of important topics will be discussed like programs available, important deadlines how to apply, scholarships, residence info, etc. It will be held in the library at 9:00. To attend students must: Be eligible to apply to UPEI (Be enrolled in the proper academic courses), have permission from A Block teacher to attend info session, and sign up for the session on the list at Student Services.
- Holland College will be hosting a Community Night in the Library on January 23 from 6:30 to 7:30. All members of the community are welcome to come and learn more about the many programs and opportunities Holland College has to offer.