It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to William McGuigan and Marc White!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Sharon Anderson, Trevor MacDonald for Margaret MacDonald, and Zak Likely for Karen Malone.
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Kelly Butler, Cody Compton, Ryan Flaglor, Quinn Hennessey, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Morgan Jesso, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Logan MacDonald, Brandon MacKenzie, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Chandler Tourout, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- Today is “Ugly Christmas Sweater” day! So, let’s see who has the ugliest sweater at MRHS! Remember, today is also our Talent Show; talk to Lily Klein if you have questions.
- School Clothes are now available for pick up; please go to Room #87 to pick them up. There are some extra school clothes available to purchase. If you are interested, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- The Women’s Basketball team beat Morell Wednesday night 52 – 44. Alanna VanWiechen had a game high 17 points. Michaela LaPorte had 12 points and Monica Furness had 11 points. The Womens Basketball team goes into the Christmas break with a record of 6 wins and only 2 losses. Great job, ladies! Have a Merry Christmas
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of December 10 – 14 is Bailey Jackson of Murray Harbour North. Bailey is a Grade ten student. Her shooting and solid defense help put her team in the championship game at the Kensington Tournament.
- Remember: MRHS Badminton Club meets every Sunday from 7 to 9 pm. All students are welcome!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Holland College will be hosting a Community Night in the Library on January 23 from 6:30 to 7:30. All members of the community are welcome to come and learn more about the many programs and opportunities Holland College has to offer.
- Use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. First draw date is Dec 21st! At the end of the year, all of the ballots from the gift card giveaway will be placed in a box for one student to win a Kobo Touch e-reader. The Kobo will be loaded with all of the books from MRHS (approx 600). If the winner chooses not to accept the Kobo, a cash reward of $120 will be given and the Kobo will become property of the MRHS library Kobo collection.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.