It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Brent Deagle, Tyler Deagle, and Louise Loung.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Karen Malone and Kathleen Duncan for Sharon Anderson.
Congratulations to Ms Beck’s CEO 401 homeroom class who won the SAVE homeroom competition. The class completed a display on their classroom door and created an amazing music video featuring the creative musical and acting talents of Ms Beck and students in the class. Their project spoke out about relationship abuse and promoted a message of peace and support. An honorable mention goes out to Ms Flynn’s FRE 521 class, Mr Jamieson’s Canadian History Class and Ms MacFarlane’s Child Care class for their creative, artistic, and eye catching door displays. Students and staff will have an opportunity to view Ms. Beck’s class video in the near future.
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Kelly Butler, Cody Compton, Lake Daley, Ryan Flaglor, Quinn Hennessey, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Morgan Jesso, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Tyler LeBlanc, Logan MacDonald, Brandon MacKenzie, Logan MacLeod, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Chandler Tourout, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Hot hamburger with wedges, veggies, gravy and small white milk for $5.50.
- The following people are asked to please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87: Ellen Holland, Lydia Lavie, Allee Gallant, Jessica MacKay, Tanisha Victor, Victoria Vandenberghe, and Jennifer Shaw.
- Students and Staff: Today is the last home room collection in support of Autumn Newell. Make sure you dig deep to support this courageous little girl.
- Europe Travellers will meet in Mme Flynn’s room today at 12:00 sharp. You are also reminded that all outstanding chocolate bar money is overdue. Please get it in asap.
- School Clothes are now available for pick up; please go to Room #87 to pick them up. There are some extra school clothes available to purchase. If you are interested, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of December 10 – 14 is Bailey Jackson of Murray Harbour North. Bailey is a Grade ten student. Her shooting and solid defense help put her team in the championship game at the Kensington Tournament.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Tomorrow (Friday) is “Ugly Christmas Sweater” day! So, let’s see who has the ugliest sweater at MRHS! Remember, tomorrow is also our Talent Show; talk to Lily Klein if you have questions.
- Holland College will be hosting a Community Night in the Library on January 23 from 6:30 to 7:30. All members of the community are welcome to come and learn more about the many programs and opportunities Holland College has to offer.
- Use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. First draw date is Dec 21st! At the end of the year, all of the ballots from the gift card giveaway will be placed in a box for one student to win a Kobo Touch e-reader. The Kobo will be loaded with all of the books from MRHS (approx 600). If the winner chooses not to accept the Kobo, a cash reward of $120 will be given and the Kobo will become property of the MRHS library Kobo collection.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.