It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Drew Hinks!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Kayla Coady for Janet MacDougall-Turner, Janna Goodwin for Sharon Anderson, Martin Zver for Margaret MacDonald, Denise McGillivray for Gail Greene, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins (am), and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Kelly Butler, Cody Compton, Lake Daley, Ryan Flaglor, Quinn Hennessey, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Morgan Jesso, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Tyler LeBlanc, Logan MacDonald, Brandon MacKenzie, Logan MacLeod, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Chandler Tourout, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Chicken nugget platter with small white milk for $5.
- Anyone in Grade 11 or 12 who is thinking about studying music in university should come see Ms. Beck at first break this morning.
- Peer Helpers: Block meetings will be held today. Please make sure you attend.
- Global Action Club will meet at 12:00 in Mr. Jamieson’s room at 12:00 noon today.
- School Clothes are now available for pick up; please go to Room #87 to pick them up. There are some extra school clothes available to purchase. If you are interested, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87.
- Talent Show openings are now available. Every act must have a teacher involved, either doing a duet, dancing, back up dancing … anything at all! Please talk to Lily Klein to sign up or if you have any questions.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of December 10 – 14 is Bailey Jackson of Murray Harbour North. Bailey is a Grade ten student. Her shooting and solid defense help put her team in the championship game at the Kensington Tournament.
- Indoor Soccer to open to Men’s and Women’s players at 3:15 today.
- The Women’s and Men’s Basketball teams will depart for Morell at 3:45 pm today.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Tomorrow’s in the Cafeteria: Hot hamburger with wedges, veggies, gravy and small white milk for $5.50.
- Europe Travellers will meet in Mme Flynn’s room on Thursday at 12:00 sharp. You are also reminded that all outstanding chocolate bar money is overdue. Please get it in asap.
- Students and Staff: Do not forget to bring in your money to support Autumn Newell. There will be one more home room collection this Thursday, during A Block. Don’t forget your donations to help this courageous little girl.
- Tomorrow, Student Council members are asking that you support the Turkey Drive by wearing your PJ’s to school for a dollar. There will also be a Christmas Bake Sale so come out and buy some yummy treats!
- This Friday is “Ugly Christmas Sweater” day! So, let’s see who has the ugliest sweater at MRHS! Remember, this Friday is also our Talent Show; talk to Lily Klein or sign up in the office.
- Holland College will be hosting a Community Night in the Library on January 23 from 6:30 to 7:30. All members of the community are welcome to come and learn more about the many programs and opportunities Holland College has to offer.
- Anyone who ordered MRHS flash drives please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner to have your money refunded. We didn’t have enough orders placed to purchase a set of flash drives.
- Several magazines are overdue. Q, Rolling Stone, Seventeen and others. Please look in your lockers and return any overdue magazines.
- Use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. First draw date is Dec 21st! At the end of the year, all of the ballots from the gift card giveaway will be placed in a box for one student to win a Kobo Touch e-reader. The Kobo will be loaded with all of the books from MRHS (approx 600). If the winner chooses not to accept the Kobo, a cash reward of $120 will be given and the Kobo will become property of the MRHS library Kobo collection.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.