It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Beth MacRae. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Chris Butler, Celestte Gamble, Ryan Holland, Rachel O’Connor, Cole Condon, and Jonathan MacDonald.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jonathan Gallant for Kristina McLane, Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Mike Hambly for Charlie Trainor, Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Brian Somers for Peter Connaughton, Zachary MacLellan for Krista MacFarlane, and Zak Likely for Philip MacDonald.
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Kelly Butler, Cody Compton, Lake Daley, Ryan Flaglor, Quinn Hennessey, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Morgan Jesso, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Tyler LeBlanc, Logan MacDonald, Morgan MacKay, Brandon MacKenzie, Logan MacLeod, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Kirsten Stewart, Chandler Tourout, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- A ladies watch was left on the Women’s Basketball bus last week. If you are missing your watch, please identify it at the main office.
- Brooks Roche and Haley MacLeod should pick up their Norcard orders from Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B immediately.
- All choir members are reminded that they must be in the music room at 8:20 tomorrow morning in uniform for their morning gig.
- Students are encouraged to submit requests for the Friday Song to the office by Thursday each week. Students who want to request a song must submit a printed copy of the lyrics with your name on the top.
- Talent Show openings are now available. Every act must have a teacher involved, either doing a duet, dancing, back up dancing … anything at all! Please talk to Lily Klein to sign up or if you have any questions.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- Congratulations to the Womens Basketball team on their good performance at the Kensington tournament over the weekend. The girls beat TOSH and Rural before losing to Westisle in the championship game. Alanna VanWiechen was named the MVP for the championship game. Great job ladies!
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of December 10 – 14 is Bailey Jackson of Murray Harbour North. Bailey is a Grade ten student. Her shooting and solid defense help put her team in the championship game at the Kensington Tournament.
- The indoor soccer that was scheduled for after school today is cancelled.
- The Women’s and Men’s Basketball teams will depart for Bluefield today at 3:45 pm.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Anyone who ordered MRHS flash drives please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner to have your money refunded. We didn’t have enough orders placed to purchase a set of flash drives.
- Several magazines are overdue. Q, Rolling Stone, Seventeen and others. Please look in your lockers and return any overdue magazines.
- Use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. First draw date is Dec 21st! At the end of the year, all of the ballots from the gift card giveaway will be placed in a box for one student to win a Kobo Touch e-reader. The Kobo will be loaded with all of the books from MRHS (approx 600). If the winner chooses not to accept the Kobo, a cash reward of $120 will be given and the Kobo will become property of the MRHS library Kobo collection.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- The MRHS Music Department is hosting the 2012 Annual Christmas tomorrow night at 7:00 in the cafeteria. Tickets are $5 for adults and $4 for students and seniors. There will be a bake sale and cake auction so bring a little extra cash for a yummy snack. Come on out and enjoy an evening of fun Christmas music!!
- School Clothes will be available for pick up starting on Tuesday morning. Please go to room #87 to pick them up.
- There will be a meeting on Tuesday at lunch in Room #85 (Ms. MacLeod’s classroom) for anyone interested in competing the OREO (Orientation to Running an Entrepreneurial Organization) Competition on February 21-23.
- Peer Helpers: Block meetings will be held on Wednesday, December 19th. Please make sure you attend.
- Students and Staff: Do not forget to bring in your money to support Autumn Newell. There will be one more home room collection this Thursday, during A Block. Please see Ms. MacLeod if you would like to donate any additional money! Together we can make a difference for this little girl!
- Student Council is raising money for this year’s Christmas Turkey Drive. Students and staff are collecting spare change throughout the month to see how many turkeys they can purchase for needy families for the holidays. Anyone wishing to make a donation to our turkey drive please do so at the school office or see any student council member.