It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jessica Campbell for Seana Evans-Renaud (pm), Martin Zver for Lianne Garland, Michael Hambly for Jonathan Hayes, Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Zak Likely for Mary-Ellen Lowther, Mark Ogley for Anne MacKinnon, Sara Prosser for Pauline Kelly, Caleigh Burhoe for Gail Johnston, Wanda Cheverie for Pam Harris, and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Kelly Butler, Cody Compton, Lake Daley, Ryan Flaglor, Quinn Hennessey, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Morgan Jesso, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Tyler LeBlanc, Logan MacDonald, Morgan MacKay, Brandon MacKenzie, Logan MacLeod, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Kirsten Stewart, Chandler Tourout, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
This is SAVE Week!
- Friday: Home Room Challenge, i.e. wear all purple
- Following Monday: Winning homeroom will be awarded with baked goods!
- All SAVE members are to meet in the Cafetroium at 11:55 today.
- Men’s Basketball team is to meet in the Cafetorium at 12:15 sharp today.
- Talent Show openings are now available. Every act must have a teacher involved, either doing a duet, dancing, back up dancing … anything at all! Please talk to Lily Klein to sign up or if you have any questions.
- Any Grade 10 core, intensive or immersion students (either semester) interested in the Quebec exchange in their Grade 11 year should speak with Mme Flynn or Mme McLane. An information session for those interested will take place Monday, December 17, during B Block in Mme Flynn’s room. You will need your b-block teacher’s permission to attend.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of December 3 to 7 is Monica Furness of Vernon Bridge. Monica is a Grade twelve student. Her dedication to her teammates was shown last Wednesday against Souris when she, not once but twice, sacrificed her body and took a charge while playing good solid defense.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for December 3 to 7 is Tristan Dawson of Vernon River (Grade 11, 6’8″ Forward). Tristan had a breakout game on Wednesday in Souris, blocking several shots and grabbing key rebounds as the Vikings continue to show improvement. Tristan is dedicated to improving his skills and team play as he has attended all practices this season, and this hard work has resulted in increased confidence on the court.
- All interested Women’s and Men’s soccer players are invited to participate in indoor sessions on December 17 and 19.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Anyone who ordered MRHS flash drives please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner to have your money refunded. We didn’t have enough orders placed to purchase a set of flash drives.
- Several magazines are overdue. Q, Rolling Stone, Seventeen and others. Please look in your lockers and return any overdue magazines.
- Use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Tim Horton’s, Mcdonald’s, Subway, or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. First draw date is Dec 21st! At the end of the year, all of the ballots from the gift card giveaway will be placed in a box for one student to win a Kobo Touch e-reader. The Kobo will be loaded with all of the books from MRHS (approx 600). If the winner chooses not to accept the Kobo, a cash reward of $120 will be given and the Kobo will become property of the MRHS library Kobo collection.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- There will be a meeting on Tuesday at lunch in Room #85 (Ms. MacLeod’s classroom) for anyone interested in competing the OREO (Orientation to Running an Entrepreneurial Organization) Competition on February 21-23.
- Students and Staff: Do not forget to bring in your money to support Autumn Newell. There will be one more home room collections next Thursday, during A Block. Please see Ms. MacLeod if you would like to donate any additional money! Together we can make a difference for this little girl!
- Come enjoy the sounds of the season at the MRHS Christmas Concert on December 18 at 7pm. Admission is $5, $4 for students and seniors. There will be a cake auction and bake sale with all proceeds going to the Disney choir. Performances by the choir, small ensemble, jazz and concert bands.
- Student Council is raising money for this year’s Christmas Turkey Drive. Students and staff are collecting spare change throughout the month to see how many turkeys they can purchase for needy families for the holidays. Anyone wishing to make a donation to our turkey drive please do so at the school office or see any student council member.