It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Robert Villard!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Jonathan Gallant for Kristina McLane (pm), Kevin Scully for Jonathan Hayes, Anna Karpinski for Craig Conohan, Zak Likely for Chantelle Beaton, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston, and Caleigh Burhoe for Pauline Kelly.
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Kelly Butler, Cody Compton, Lake Daley, Ryan Flaglor, Quinn Hennessey, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Morgan Jesso, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Lydia LaVie, Tyler LeBlanc, Logan MacDonald, Morgan MacKay, Brandon MacKenzie, Logan MacLeod, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Rachel O’Connor, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Kirsten Stewart, Chandler Tourout, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- Ms. Malone’s extra help after school today is cancelled. There will be extra help on Wednesday at lunch (12:00 to 12:30) instead. There will also be extra help on Thursday at lunch.
- Students are encouraged to submit requests for the Friday Song to the office by Thursday each week. Students who want to request a song must submit a printed copy of the lyrics with your name on the top.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of December 3 to 7 is Monica Furness of Vernon Bridge. Monica is a Grade twelve student. Her dedication to her teammates was shown last Wednesday against Souris when she, not once but twice, sacrificed her body and took a charge while playing good solid defense.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for December 3 to 7 is Tristan Dawson of Vernon River (Grade 11, 6’8″ Forward). Tristan had a breakout game on Wednesday in Souris, blocking several shots and grabbing key rebounds as the Vikings continue to show improvement. Tristan is dedicated to improving his skills and team play as he has attended all practices this season, and this hard work has resulted in increased confidence on the court.
- The Table Tennis Club will be starting again this Wednesday after school in the PE area, and then will meet each Wednesday after school. All are invited to join. Mr. Murchison is the club advisor.
- All interested men’s soccer players are invited to participate in indoor sessions on Dec. 17 and 19.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Students and Staff: Do not forget to bring in your money to support Autumn Newell. Home room collections will take place every Thursday, during A Block, for the rest of December. Please see Ms. MacLeod if you would like to donate any additional money! Together we can make a difference for this little girl!
- Change of Date!! The last CUL meal for 2012 is on Friday, December 14. Your meal will consist of garden salad, pineapple glazed ham, whipped potatoes, roasted veggies, melting snowmen cookies, Christmas shortbread, and white hot chocolate.
- Grads: Heckberts will be at the school this Thursday during lunch break to distribute grad photo packages. Please check the list outside the Yearbook Office for any outstanding balances on orders
- Come enjoy the sounds of the season at the MRHS Christmas Concert on December 18 at 7pm. Admission is $5, $4 for students and seniors. There will be a cake auction and bake sale with all proceeds going to the Disney choir. Performances by the choir, small ensemble, jazz and concert bands.
- CSLC students are selling store gift cards as a fundraiser. Next order deadline is December 11 for cards to be delivered for Christmas. Some of the stores include: Home Hardware, American Eagle, Canadian Tire, Indigo, Future Shop, Mark’s Work Warehouse, Shoppers, Staples, Sears, Esso, i-Tunes, Toys r Us, Please contact Sandra Hicken at the school to place an order.
- Student Council is raising money for this year’s Christmas Turkey Drive. Students and staff are collecting spare change throughout the month to see how many turkeys they can purchase for needy families for the holidays. Anyone wishing to make a donation to our turkey drive please do so at the school office or see any student council member.