It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Belated Greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Rachel Gormley, Lucas Jenkins, Michaela LaPorte, Colby Stewart, and Andrea Smith.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn, Jonathan Gallant for Peggy Flynn, Zak Likely for Chantelle Beaton, John Smither for Trisha Burrows, Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Chad McQuaid for Natasha Dowd, Trevor MacDonald for Alana Trainor, and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston.
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Kelly Butler, Cody Compton, Lake Daley, Ryan Flaglor, Quinn Hennessey, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Michael Jamieson, Lucas Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Lydia LaVie, Tyler LeBlanc, Logan MacDonald, Morgan MacKay, Brandon MacKenzie, Logan MacLeod, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Rachel O’Connor, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Kirsten Stewart, Chandler Tourout, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- Students are encouraged to submit requests for the Friday Song to the office by Thursday each week. Students who want to request a song must submit a printed copy of the lyrics with your name on the top.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of December 3 to 7 is Monica Furness of Vernon Bridge. Moncia is a Grade Twelve student. Her dedication to her teammates was shown last Wednesday against Souris when she, not once but twice, sacrificed her body and took a charge while playing good solid defense.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for December 3 to 7 is Tristan Dawson of Vernon River (Grade 11, 6’8″ Forward). Tristan had a breakout game on Wednesday in Souris, blocking several shots and grabbing key rebounds as the Vikings continue to show improvement. Tristan is dedicated to improving his skills and team play as he has attended all practices this season, and this hard work has resulted in increased confidence on the court.
- All members of the wrestling team are reminded to hand their consent forms in to Ms. Dowd asap.
- The Table Tennis Club will be starting again this Wednesday after school in the PE area, and then will meet each Wednesday after school. All are invited to join. Mr. Murchison is the club advisor.
- All interested men’s soccer players are invited to participate in indoor sessions on December 17, and 19.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Students and Staff: Do not forget to bring in your money to support Autumn Newell. Home room collections will take place every Thursday, during A Block, for the rest of December. Please see Ms. MacLeod if you would like to donate any additional money! Together we can make a difference for this little girl!
- Our Culinary Class is preparing a meal again for this Thursday, December 13.
- Grads: Heckberts will be at the school this Thursday during lunch break to distribute grad photo packages. Please check the list outside the Yearbook Office for any outstanding balances on orders
- Come enjoy the sounds of the season at the MRHS Christmas Concert on December 18 at 7pm. Admission is $5, $4 for students and seniors. There will be a cake auction and bake sale with all proceeds going to the Disney choir. Performances by the choir, small ensemble, jazz and concert bands.
- CSLC students are selling store gift cards as a fundraiser. Next order deadline is Dec 11th for cards to be delivered for Christmas. Some of the stores include: Home Hardware, American Eagle, Canadian Tire, Indigo, Future Shop, Mark’s Work Warehouse, Shoppers, Staples, Sears, Esso, i-Tunes, Toys r Us, Please contact Sandra Hicken to place an order.
- Student Council is raising money for this year’s Christmas Turkey Drive. Students and staff are collecting spare change throughout the month to see how many turkeys they can purchase for needy families for the holidays. Anyone wishing to make a donation to our turkey drive please do so at the school office or see any student council member.