It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jordan Daigle for Mary Ellen Lowther, Kevin Scully for Matt Killeen, Janna Goodwin for Bethany MacLeod, Kelsea McLean for Janet MacDougall-Turner, Trevor MacDonald for Margaret MacDonald (pm), Donna White for Kayla Coady, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Denise McGillivray for Gail Johnston, Sara Prosser for Pam Harris.
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Kelly Butler, Cody Compton, Lake Daley, Ryan Flaglor, Jessica Godfrey, Quinn Hennessey, Christopher Hill, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Michael Jamieson, Lucas Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Dakota Jones, Brian Keefe, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Lydia LaVie, Tyler LeBlanc, Dalton MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Morgan MacKay, Brandon MacKenzie, Rosemarie MacLean, Logan MacLeod, Maggie McCarthy, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Rachel O’Connor, Nicholas Penny, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Kirsten Stewart, Sarah Thompson, Chandler Tourout, Max White, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- Christmas Dance tonight! Dance is from 7 to 10 p.m. Doors will be open at 6:45 and will close at 8:30 p.m. Please arrive before that time so you won’t be disappointed.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Homemade chili with a garlic bun and a small white milk for $5.
- Europe Travellers are reminded to get chocolate bar money in to Mme Flynn as soon as possible (bills or rolled coin please!).
- If you didn’t order your yearbook last week and need to pay by cash or cheque, please see Dawna MacLean this week. She will make sure we order you one!
- Important reminder: The CPF French Student Excellence Award deadline is today. Get all your documents in order immediately!
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- Holland College Visit: A representative from Holland College will be here today at lunch. This is a great opportunity to find out about programs, tuition, scholarships and much more. All interested students please sign up in Student Services!
- Upcoming Scholarship Info: TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are intended to serve the needs of all Canadian families and communities. Deadline is today. Each scholarship is valued at up to $70,000 and includes up to $10,000 for tuition per year, $7,500 a year toward living expenses, and an offer of paid summer employment.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of November 26 – 30 is Michaela LaPorte. Michaela is a Grade Eleven student from Cardigan. Her aggressive play, along with her 12 points, helped her team to a decisive win over Charlottetown Rural last Monday.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for November 26-30 is Joseph Richard. Joseph is a Grade 10 Student from Hopefield. He is recognized for his commitment to Men’s Basketball practices and fundraising efforts.
- All members of the wrestling team are reminded to hand their consent forms in to Ms. Dowd asap.
- The MRHS Badminton Club meets every Sunday from 7 – 9p.m. All students are welcome.
- The Table Tennis Club will be starting again next Wednesday, December 12, after school in the PE area, and then will meet each Wednesday after school. All are invited to join. Mr. Murchison is the club advisor.
- All interested men’s soccer players are invited to participate in indoor sessions on December 17, and 19.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Students and Staff: Do not forget to bring in your money to support Autumn Newell. Home room collections will take place every Thursday, during A Block, for the rest of December. Please see Ms. MacLeod if you would like to donate any additional money! Together we can make a difference for this little girl!
- Our Culinary Class is preparing a meal again for next Thursday, December 13.
- Grads: Heckberts will be at the school next Thursday during lunch break to distribute grad photo packages. Please check the list outside the Yearbook Office for any outstanding balances on orders.
Ann and her elves at Sir Isaac’s Restaurant in Montague are serving a Christmas dinner FREE of charge to anyone who wants to come from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm on December 25. Call 838-2628 and reserve a time. Everyone is welcome.