It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jake Doucette and Nicholas Leeco.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Chantelle Beaton, Mike Hambly for Matthew Killeen, Janna Goodwin for Janet MacDougall-Turner, and Sara Prosser for Pamela Harris.
Public Service Announcement: No Junior Curling today!
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Jessie Boutilier, Kelly Butler, Cody Compton, Tyson Cooper, Lake Daley, Tameka Davidson, Ryan Flaglor, Kassandra Gavin-Henry, Jessica Godfrey, Quinn Hennessey, Christopher Hill, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Michael Jamieson, Lucas Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Dakota Jones, Brian Keefe, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Lydia LaVie, Tyler LeBlanc, Dalton MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Morgan MacKay, Brandon MacKenzie, Rosemarie MacLean, Logan MacLeod, Brandon McCarthy, Maggie McCarthy, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Rachel O’Connor, Nicholas Penny, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Kirsten Stewart, Joseph Sudsbury, Sarah Thompson, Chandler Tourout, Max White, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Honey garlic chicken breast, served with pasta salad, veggies, and a small white milk for $5.50.
- The Global Action Club will meet today at 12:00 noon in Room 211. Group members are reminded to bring your letters to students in Kenya to the meeting.
- Would Brooks Roche, Alison Franciosa, Cheryl McManus, Tori Fraser, and Sophie MacLean , please see Mrs. Hicken today to pick up your gift cards.
- The Christmas Dance is this Friday evening. Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket. Today, tickets will be sold at the regular cost of $12.00, no exceptions (no SPC cards will be accepted). Student Contracts can be picked up from the office and need to be signed by your parents/guardians before tickets can be purchased.
- Europe Travellers are reminded to get chocolate bar money in to Mme Flynn as soon as possible (bills or rolled coin please!).
- If you didn’t order your yearbook last week and need to pay by cash or cheque, please see Dawna MacLean this week. She will make sure we order you one!
- Important reminder: The CPF French Student Excellence Award deadline is December 7. Get all your documents in order immediately!
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- Holland College Visit: A representative from Holland College will be here on Friday, December 7, at lunch. This is a great opportunity to find out about programs, tuition, scholarships and much more. All interested students please sign up in Student Services!
- Upcoming Scholarship Info: TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are intended to serve the needs of all Canadian families and communities. Doing good for others during difficult times in one’s own life requires particularly outstanding commitment. This is why, as part of the selection process, the personal circumstances and/or challenges of each applicant will be considered. Scholarships are open to students across Canada who are in their final year of high school, or CEGEP (in Quebec), have demonstrated outstanding community leadership, and obtain a minimum overall average in their most recently completed full year of school of 75%. Deadline is December 7, 2012. Each scholarship is valued at up to $70,000 and includes up to $10,000 for tuition per year, $7,500 a year toward living expenses, and an offer of paid summer employment.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of November 26 – 30 is Michaela LaPorte. Michaela is a Grade Eleven student from Cardigan. Her aggressive play, along with her 12 points, helped her team to a decisive win over Charlottetown Rural last Monday.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for November 26-30 is Joseph Richard. Joseph is a Grade 10 Student from Hopefield. He is recognized for his commitment to Men’s Basketball practices and fundraising efforts.
- Anyone interested in starting to train for the High School mini-triathlon taking place in May should meet Ms. Evans-Renaud and Ms. Mason in Learning Centre A at 11:45 today.
- The basketball team bus will depart for Souris at 3:45pm today.
- All interested men’s soccer players are invited to participate in indoor sessions on December 5, 17, and 19.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- MRHS Anime and Manga Club meets on Thursday, December 6.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Tomorrow in the Cafeteria: Poutine (fries, cheese, gravy) for $2.60 or perogies with salad and sour cream for $2.35.
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings on Thursday.
- Our Culinary Class is preparing meals for this Thursday, Dec.6, and next Thursday, Dec. 13.
Ann and her elves at Sir Isaac’s Restaurant in Montague are serving a Christmas dinner FREE of charge to anyone who wants to come from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm on December 25. Call 838-2628 and reserve a time. Everyone is welcome.