It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Brook MacTavish! Belated Birthday Greetings are extended to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Regan MacIsaac, Landon Labonte, Jonathan Murphy, and Brea Walker.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn, Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Jessica Campbell for Maureen MacDonald (pm), Kelsea McLean for Janet MacDougall-Turner, Brian Somers for Peter Connaughton, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, and Sara Prosser for Pam Harris.
Public Announcement: No Junior Curling at the Montague Curling Club today.
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Jessie Boutilier, Kelly Butler, Meghan Byers, Cody Compton, Tyson Cooper, Lake Daley, Tameka Davidson, Ryan Flaglor, Monica Furness, Kassandra Gavin-Henry, Jessica Godfrey, Caleb Harding, Quinn Hennessey, Christopher Hill, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Michael Jamieson, Lucas Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Jona Johnston, Amber Johnstone, Dakota Jones, Brian Keefe, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Lydia LaVie, Tyler LeBlanc, Dalton MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Morgan MacKay, Brandon MacKenzie, Rosemarie MacLean, Logan MacLeod, Brandon McCarthy, Maggie McCarthy, Edmund McNeill, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Rachel O’Connor, Nicholas Penny, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Kirsten Stewart, Joseph Sudsbury, Sarah Thompson, Chandler Tourout, Max White, Melissa Woods, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- Junior Achievement’s Company Program will kick off today at 3:30 in Room 84. Learn about business by starting your own company with other students from Montague. Bring a friend; all students welcome.
- The Christmas Dance is this Friday evening. Students are reminded that Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket. Today is the last day to purchase a ticket at a reduced cost of $10 or $8.00 with an SPC card. On Tuesday, December 4, and Wednesday, December 5, tickets will be sold at the regular cost of $12.00, no exceptions (no SPC cards will be accepted on these dates). Student Contracts can be picked up from the office and need to be signed by your parents/guardians before tickets can be purchased.
- Students are encouraged to submit requests for the Friday Song to the office by Thursday each week. Students who want to request a song must submit a printed copy of the lyrics with their name on the top.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of November 26 – 30 is Michaela LaPorte. Michaela is a Grade Eleven student from Cardigan. Her aggressive play, along with her 12 points, helped her team to a decisive win over Charlottetown Rural last Monday.
- The Men’s Basketball team hosts TOSH 2 today at 6 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- Brett Birt and Ben Shaw are asked to please see Ms. Dowd before noon today.
- All interested men’s soccer players are invited to participate in indoor sessions on December 5, 17, and 19.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Over 365 new books have been placed on our Library shelves since September. Another order will be going in soon. Please let the Librarian know your suggestions either in person or on the MRHS Library blog.
- MRHS Book Club meets today to decide your book to read for the January meeting.
- MRHS Anime and Manga Club meets on Thursday, December 6.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- The 1st session for the Quit4Life program has been rescheduled for tomorrow, December 4.
- The Global Action Club will meet this Wednesday at 12:00 noon in Room 211. Group members are reminded to bring your letters to students in Kenya to the meeting.
- Our Culinary Class is preparing meals for this Thursday, Dec.6, and next Thursday, Dec. 13.