It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Brandon Condon and Jenna McKeeman!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Carl Evans, Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson (pm), Janna Goodwin for Bethany MacLeod, Jonathan Gallant for Kristina McLane, Mike Hambly for Kelly Pike, Donna White for Kim Mason, Kayla Coady for Anne MacKinnon, Caleigh Burhoe for Yvonne Higgins (pm), and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Important! Today is the last day to order a yearbook in school! After today, you will have to order your yearbook on-line with a credit card. See the link on the side on this page. The last day to order online is January 31st. Do not be disappointed! Order your yearbook soon!
Sign-In Contracts for the Christmas Dance are due today!
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Jessie Boutilier, Kelly Butler, Meghan Byers, Hannah Campion, Bailey Clements, Cody Compton, Tyson Cooper, Lake Daley, Tameka Davidson, Ryan Flaglor, Monica Furness, Kassandra Gavin-Henry, Jessica Godfrey, Caleb Harding, Quinn Hennessey, Christopher Hill, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Michael Jamieson, Lucas Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Jona Johnston, Amber Johnstone, Dakota Jones, Brian Keefe, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Lydia LaVie, Tyler LeBlanc, Dalton MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Morgan MacKay, Brandon MacKenzie, Hayden MacKinnon, Rosemarie MacLean, Logan MacLeod, Brandon McCarthy, Maggie McCarthy, Edmund McNeill, Carrick McTavish, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Rachel O’Connor, Nicholas Penny, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Kirsten Stewart, Patrick Stewart, Joseph Sudsbury, Sarah Thompson, Chandler Tourout, Max White, Melissa Woods, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- There are still a few bags of Doritos left from the meal yesterday. If you are interested in purchasing a bag for $1.50, please see Mrs. Hicken.
- Mme Flynn is expecting the delivery of the cookie dough today on a freezer truck! If you sold cookie dough, please see Mme Flynn before the end of the day (an announcement will be made over the P.A. when it arrives).
- There is a Little Shop of Horrors rehearsal/meeting for all those involved as stage crew and production crew today at 3:15 in Room 228 (Mr. Nicholson’s room). This is a mandatory meeting.
- The Culinary class is serving a meal today at 11:50. This week’s meal is vegetarian sushi, chicken stir fry with brown rice, strawberry sorbet, and chai tea smoothie.
- Christmas Dance is next Friday evening (December 7). Students are reminded that Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.Tickets will be on sale until Monday, December 3 at a reduced cost of $10 or $8.00 with an SPC card. On Tuesday, December 4, and Wednesday, December 5, tickets will be sold at the regular cost of $12.00, no exceptions (no SPC cards will be accepted on these dates). Sign-In contracts and Student Contracts can be picked up from the office and need to be signed by your parents/guardians before tickets can be purchased. All sign-in contracts are due back to Ms. Evans-Renaud by Thursday, November 29, for approval.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- Anyone interested in trying out for the Canada Games Men’s Volleyball team please see Ms. Dowd for information regarding tryouts.
- MRHS Badminton Club meets every Sunday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. All students are welcome!
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for the week of November 19-23 is Brett Birt of Cardigan. Brett, a Grade 12 forward with the Men’s Basketball team, provided a much needed spark of the bench last Wednesday night. Brett pulled down 6 timely rebounds and chipped in with 6 points helping the team to defeat Bluefield AA 42-23 in the season opener.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of November 19-23 is Thea Stewart of Vernon River. Thea is a Grade twelve student. She is a dedicated player who never misses a practice. She has played every position and was solid on defense en route to the team first win over Bluefield last week.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Join MRHS at Indigo on Friday, November 30, from 6 to 9pm for our annual Library fundraiser. During the fundraiser, MRHS will receive a percentage of the total sales for the Library. Please come join us, enjoy the entertainment provided by the Disney Choir, and do some Christmas shopping!
- Over 365 new books have been placed on our Library shelves since September. Another order will be going in soon. Please let the Librarian know your suggestions either in person or on the MRHS Library blog.
- MRHS Book Club meets on Monday, Dec. 3, to decide your book to read for the January meeting.
- MRHS Anime and Manga Club meets on Thursday, December 6.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Students are reminded that there are no classes this Friday. Teachers are involved in Collaborative planning sessions.
- Junior Achievement’s Company Program will kick off on Monday, December 3, at 3:30 in Room 84. Learn about business by starting your own company with other students from Montague. Bring a friend; all students welcome.
- The 1st session for the Quit4Life program has been rescheduled for Tuesday, December 4.