It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Carl Evans, Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson (pm), Donna White for Christie Beck, Kati Ross for Kim Mason, Mike Hambly for Charlie Trainor (pm), Caleigh Burhoe for Lynn Hayes, and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Important dates to add to our academic calendar:
- Christmas Dance is on Friday, December 7, 2012. Students are reminded that Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket. (see notes below regarding ticket sales/prices)
- This year’s Prom is on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Missing Grad Write-Ups! (These are past due!) The following students have not submitted write-ups for the Yearbook: Emily Benoit, Jessie Boutilier, Erin Brown, Kelly Butler, Meghan Byers, Jarrett Campbell, Hannah Campion, Bailey Clements, Cody Compton, Tyson Cooper, Lake Daley, Tameka Davidson, Ryan Flaglor, Monica Furness, Kassandra Gavin-Henry, Jessica Godfrey, Caleb Harding, Quinn Hennessey, Christopher Hill, Ryan Hopkins, Hailey Irving, Michael Jamieson, Lucas Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Jona Johnston, Amber Johnstone, Dakota Jones, Brian Keefe, Dustin Keen, Tyler Kemp, Grace Lanigan, Lydia LaVie, Tyler LeBlanc, Dalton MacDonald, Kelsey MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Morgan MacKay, Brandon MacKenzie, Hayden MacKinnon, Rosemarie MacLean, Amy MacLennan, Logan MacLeod, Brandon McCarthy, Maggie McCarthy, Edmund McNeill, Carrick McTavish, Alex Morrison, Nicole Myers, Tanner Nicholson, Rachel O’Connor, Sara Peardon, Nicholas Penny, Alex Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Joshua Reeves, Brittany Robertson, Alex Smith, Sara Smith, Kirsten Stewart, Patrick Stewart, Joseph Sudsbury, Sarah Thompson, Chandler Tourout, Max White, Melissa Woods, Drew Yorston, and Brian Young.
- There will be a brief Stop Cyberbullying meeting in the Library Conference room at the start of lunch break today.
- This is a reminder that there will not be Choir or Men’s Ensemble this week.
- Students are encouraged to submit requests for the Friday Song to the office by Thursday each week. Students who want to request a song must submit a printed copy of the lyrics with their name on the top.
- Thursday is the last day to order a yearbook in school! After that day, you will have to order your yearbook on-line with a credit card. See the link on the side on this page. The last day to order online is January 31st. DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. Order your yearbook soon!
- MRHS and the Stop Cyberbullying group are asking all students and staff to visit www.stopcyberbullying.ca and take the pledge to stop cyberbullying. After taking the pledge you will be given the option to “Share Now” which will link you to the Stop Cyberbullying Facebook page. Please take the pledge, spread the word and stop cyberbullying.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- Congratulations to the Women’s Basketball team on their second win. They beat Rural last night 48-19. Michaela LaPorte had 11 points, Thea Stewart had 11 points and Bailey Jackson had 8 points.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for the week of November 19-23 is Brett Birt of Cardigan. Brett, a Grade 12 forward with the Men’s Basketball team, provided a much needed spark of the bench last Wednesday night. Brett pulled down 6 timely rebounds and chipped in with 6 points helping the team to defeat Bluefield AA 42-23 in the season opener.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of November 19-23 is Thea Stewart of Vernon River. Thea is a Grade twelve student. She is a dedicated player who never misses a practice. She has played every position and was solid on defense en route to the team first win over Bluefield last week.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- MRHS is having a Library fundraiser at Indigo Bookstore on Friday, November 30, from 6 to 9 pm. If any students or staff members are interested in volunteering at the fundraiser, please see the Librarian. The Disney Choir will be performing!
- Over 365 new books have been placed on our Library shelves since September. Another order will be going in soon. Please let the Librarian know your suggestions either in person or on the MRHS Library blog.
- MRHS Book Club meets on Monday, Dec. 3, to decide your book to read for the January meeting.
- MRHS Anime and Manga Club meets on Thursday, December 6.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Students vs Teachers Hockey Night in Montague is Wednesday, November 28, at 7:30pm. $5/ticket
- There is a Little Shop of Horrors rehearsal/meeting for all those involved as stage crew and production crew on Thursday, November 28, at 3:15 in Room 228 (Mr. Nicholson’s room). This is a mandatory meeting.
- The Culinary meal this week is on Thursday, November 29, serving at 11:50. This week’s meal is vegetarian sushi, chicken stir fry with brown rice, strawberry sorbet, and chai tea smoothie. Tickets are now on sale for $8. Book your meal today!
- Christmas Dance is on Friday, December 7, from 7 to 10 pm. The theme is “Winter Wonderland”. Tickets will be on sale from Monday, November 26, until Monday, December 3 at a reduced cost of $10 or $8.00 with an SPC card. On Tuesday, December 4, and Wednesday, December 5, tickets will be sold at the regular cost of $12.00, no exceptions (no SPC cards will be accepted on these dates). Sign-In contracts and Student Contracts can be picked up from the office or from room #87 and need to be signed by your parents/guardians before tickets can be purchased. All sign-in contracts are due back to Ms. Evans-Renaud by Thursday, November 29, for approval.
- TACO IN A BAG: Tomorrow (Wednesday), the Student Council will be selling “Tacos in a Bag” in the Foods lab. Cost is $5.00 and it includes a drink. Please come out and enjoy this delicious treat of hamburger, nachos, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
- Junior Achievement’s Company Program will kick off on Monday, December 3, at 3:30 in Room 84. Learn about business by starting your own company with other students from Montague. Bring a friend; all students welcome.
- The Senate Page Program offers positions to students from Universities in Ottawa and the University of Quebec in Gatineau for one year. Interested students are asked to come to student services for more information.
- Holland College will begin offering Early Acceptance in select programs to strong applicants starting November 30, 2012. Visit Student Services for more detailed information on programs.
- The University of Ottawa will be having its Information Evening on Thursday, December 6, 2012, at 7:30 pm. The presentations will be streamed live on the web for parents and students who live outside Ottawa area.