It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Saul Lanigan and Caleb Smith.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Carl Evans, Andrew Murchison for Sandra Hicken (am) and Ralph Jamieson (pm), Donna White for Janet MacDougall-Turner, Mike Hambly for Kelly Pike, Marshal Clayborne for Krista MacFarlane (pm), Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson, and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Important dates to add to our academic calendar:
- Christmas Dance is on Friday, December 7, 2012. Students are reminded that Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket. (see notes below regarding ticket sales/prices)
- This year’s Prom is on Friday, May 24, 2013.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Pasta bake with hamburger, breadstick, healthy side and a small white milk for $5.50.
- Pizza for Lunch: First Come First Served! The Culinary students have leftover pizza for sale today at a cost of 50 cents a piece. Visit Room 136 at 11:45 today!
- Paper balloons will be on sale today at lunch for $1 each. Proceeds go to IWK.
- All Disney trip payments and contracts are now due to Ms. McInnis.
- The first rehearsal for all cast members of Little Shop of Horrors is today at 3:30 pm.
- Yearbooks are on sale in the yearbook office everyday this week at lunch between 12:00 – 12:25. The last day to purchase in school is November 29. Anyone wishing to purchase a book after that date must go online to order.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- The MRHS Badminton Club meets every Sunday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. All students are welcome!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- MRHS is having a Library fundraiser at Indigo Bookstore on Friday, November 30, from 6 to 9 pm. If any students or staff members are interested in volunteering at the fundraiser, please see the Librarian. The Disney Choir will be performing!
- Over 365 new books have been placed on our Library shelves since September. Another order will be going in soon. Please let the Librarian know your suggestions either in person or on the MRHS Library blog.
- Today is the last day to order a flash drive wristband! The cost is $10 for 4GB or $15 for 8GB.
- Scholastic books orders are due today!
- MRHS Book Club meets on Monday, Dec. 3, to decide your book to read for the January meeting.
- MRHS Anime and Manga Club meets on Thursday, December 6.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Stop Cyberbullying News:
- MRHS and the Stop Cyberbullying group are asking all students and staff to visit www.stopcyberbullying.ca and take the pledge to stop cyberbullying. After taking the pledge you will be given the option to “Share Now” which will link you to the Stop Cyberbullying Facebook page. Please take the pledge, spread the word and stop cyberbullying.
- “Stop, Block and Tell!” Come to the Library or Cafeteria at lunch today to make a brief video of the “Stop, Block and Tell!” steps.
- Culinary Meals: Reserve Thursday, Nov.29, Thursday, Dec.6, and Thursday, Dec.13 for the next CUL meals.
- Christmas Dance is on Friday, December 7, from 7 to 10 pm. The theme is “Winter Wonderland”. Tickets will be on sale starting Monday, November 26 until Monday, December 3 at a reduced cost of $10 or $8.00 with an SPC card. On Tuesday, December 4, and Wednesday, December 5, tickets will be sold at the regular cost of $12.00, no exceptions (no SPC cards will be accepted on these dates). Sign-In contracts and Student Contracts can be picked up from the office or from room #87 and need to be signed by your parents/guardians before tickets can be purchased. All sign-in contracts are due back to Ms. Evans-Renaud by Thursday, November 29, for approval.
- TACO IN A BAG: On Wednesday, November 29, the Student Council will be selling “Tacos in a Bag” in the Foods lab. Cost is $5.00 and it includes a drink. Please come out and enjoy this delicious treat of hamburger, nachos, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
- The Senate Page Program offers positions to students from Universities in Ottawa and the University of Quebec in Gatineau for one year. Interested students are asked to come to student services for more information.
- Holland College will begin offering Early Acceptance in select programs to strong applicants starting November 30, 2012. Visit Student Services for more detailed information on programs.
- The University of Ottawa will be having its Information Evening on Thursday, December 6, 2012, at 7:30 pm. The presentations will be streamed live on the web for parents and students who live outside Ottawa area.
Abegweit Driver Education classes will begin on November 27 at their Charlottetown office. To enroll, call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at http://www.drivepei.com.