It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Logan Kennedy and Patrick Murphy.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mark Gregory for Bethany MacLeod, Zak Likely for Carl Evans, Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson (pm), Jessica Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, Donna White for Doug Weeks, Dean Lackie for Alana Trainor, Mike Hambly for Matt Killeen (pm), and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Important dates to add to our academic calendar:
- Christmas Dance is on Friday, December 7, 2012. (see notes below regarding ticket sales/prices)
- This year’s Prom is on Friday, May 24, 2013.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Tex Mex potato wedges topped with taco meat and cheese sauce, breadsticks and a small white milk for $5.50.
- The Global Issue class will be having a bake sale today in the Cafeteria, during both breaks and lunch. Proceeds will be going towards grocery gift cards for families in need around the community.
- The first Disney Choir rehearsal is today from 4:30 to 6:00 pm.
- Yearbooks are on sale in the yearbook office everyday this week at lunch between 12:00 – 12:25. The last day to purchase in school is November 29. Anyone wishing to purchase a book after that date must go online to order.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- Congratulations! The Women’s Basketball team won their first game last night against Bluefield 44 to 38. Michaela LaPorte had 12 points, Monica Furness had 7 points and Bailey Jackson had 7 points. The Women’s next game is Monday against Rural.
- Congratulations to the Men’s Basketball team on their 42-23 victory over Bluefield 2 last night!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by this Friday, Nov. 23, for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Tomorrow in the Cafeteria: Pasta bake with a hamburger, breadstick, healthy side and a small white milk for $5.50.
- Paper balloons will be on sale Friday at lunch for $1 each. Proceeds go to IWK.
- The first rehearsal for all cast members of Little Shop of Horrors is Friday, November 23 at 3:30.
- Culinary Meals: Reserve Thursday, Nov.29, Thursday, Dec.6, and Thursday, Dec.13 for the next CUL meals.
- Disney trip payments and contracts are due to Ms. McInnis by Friday, November 23.
- Christmas Dance is on Friday, December 7, from 7 to 10 pm. The theme is “Winter Wonderland”. Tickets will be on sale starting Monday, November 26 until Monday, December 3 at a reduced cost of $10 or $8.00 with an SPC card. On Tuesday, December 4, and Wednesday, December 5, tickets will be sold at the regular cost of $12.00, no exceptions (no SPC cards will be accepted on these dates). Sign-In contracts and Student Contracts can be picked up from the office or from room #87 and need to be signed by your parents/guardians before tickets can be purchased. All sign-in contracts are due back to Ms. Evans-Renaud by Thursday, November 29, for approval.
- TACO IN A BAG: On Wednesday, November 29, the Student Council will be selling “Tacos in a Bag” in the Foods lab. Cost is $5.00 and it includes a drink. Please come out and enjoy this delicious treat of hamburger, nachos, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
- Today, there will be an information session located in Student Services at 11:45 for any Grade 12 students interested in the UPEI Nursing program.
- The first Strive meeting is scheduled for today, in the seminar room at the back of the library. Lunch is provided. The Strive Program is a scholarship program for Grade 12 students who plan to go on to post-secondary study.
- The Senate Page Program offers positions to students from Universities in Ottawa and the University of Quebec in Gatineau for one year. Interested students are asked to come to student services for more information.
- Holland College will begin offering Early Acceptance in select programs to strong applicants starting November 30, 2012. Visit Student Services for more detailed information on programs.
- The University of Ottawa will be having its Information Evening on Thursday, December 6, 2012, at 7:30 pm. The presentations will be streamed live on the web for parents and students who live outside Ottawa area.
- Saint Mary’s University will be having an open house this Friday, November 23. The open house will take place on the Saint Mary’s Campus and will run from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
- Oulton College will be hosting an open house tomorrow (Thursday) at 4 Flanders Court, Moncton, at 2:00 pm.
Abegweit Driver Education classes will begin on November 27 at their Charlottetown office. To enroll, call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at http://www.drivepei.com.