It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Justin Bailey, Tyler Leblanc, and Connor Newell.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mark Gregory for Bethany MacLeod, Zak Likely for Carl Evans, Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson, Martin Zver for Glenda McInnis, Caleigh Burhoe for Gail Johnston, and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
- Europe Travellers are to meet today at 12:00 in Mme Flynn’s room. Please bring any chocolate bar money with you at that time.
- Today during lunch break, there will be a display set up outside the office about cigarettes, showing exactly what is in cigarettes and information promoting the Quit4Life Smoking Cessation Program.
- Orders for Choir hoodies and jackets are due to Ms. Beck today.
- Stop Cyberbullying Group will meet in the Library today at noon. Feel free to attend and take your lunch. They will be making posters for the “Stop, Block and Tell!” campaign.
- There is a very important meeting for anyone who is volunteering to help with our musical, Little Shop of Horrors. People wishing to volunteer with backstage, lights, sound, set design, costuming, ticket sales, etc. should all meet in room 228 (Mr. Nick’s room) today at 12:10. The first rehearsal for all cast members of Little Shop of Horrors is Friday, November 23 at 3:30.
- Students are encouraged to submit requests for the Friday Song to the office by Thursday each week. Students who want to request a song must submit a printed copy of lyrics with their name on the top.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- Basketball Athletic fees ($80 or $75 if you have already played on an MRHS sports team this year and paid the $5 banquet fee) and consent forms will be collected today and Wednesday at 12 pm (noon) at the uniform room.
- Come out and cheer on the basketball teams in their home openers against Bluefield on Wednesday! Women play at 5:30 pm, Men at 7:30 pm.
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. Remember that it’s open to Power Lifters only on Fridays after school.
- Patti Larsen has generously given the MRHS Library copies of all of her novels in hard copy and e-book format. Patti’s books are available for loan in the library! This is a reminder of Ms. Larsen’s writer’s club this Wednesday, November 21, at 3pm. If you missed the last meeting, feel free to come and join the group.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by this Friday, Nov. 23, for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Stop Cyberbullying News:
- The ABC Club has changed its name to Stop Cyberbullying (SCB). Today the Stop Cyberbullying Club will be having its meeting at the start of lunch in the Library Conference room. Bring your lunches!
- “Stop, Block and Tell!” Come to the Library or Cafeteria at lunch any day this week to make a brief video of the “Stop, Block and Tell!” steps.
- Culinary Meals: Reserve Friday, Nov.23, Thursday, Nov.29, Thursday, Dec.6, and Thursday, Dec.13 for the next CUL meals. The menu for this Friday is posted by the door of Room 136. It’s an Italian themed meal consisting of fresh tomato bruschetta, homemade pizza, garlic fingers, white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, and fruit punch. Cost is $8. Tickets are on sale at the ticket booth today and Wednesday. Be sure to book your meal since the sign-ups go fast!
- There is a Harry Potter Club meeting on Wednesday at lunch.
- Global Action Club will meet tomorrow (Wednesday) at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
- Disney trip payments and contracts are due to Ms. McInnis by Friday, November 23.
- The first Disney Choir rehearsal is Thursday, November 22 from 4:30 to 6:00 pm.
- The Is It Worth It? Teen Driver Safety Campaign is sponsoring a student multi-media competition, offering more than $5000 in prizes to the best student created video public service announcements. For more information, visit Student Services.
- The first Strive meeting is scheduled for this Thursday, Nov. 22, in the seminar room at the back of the library. Lunch is provided. The Strive Program is a scholarship program for Grade 12 students who plan to go on to post-secondary study. It is designed to educate students about different careers and programs of study and motivate students to improve their academic performance. Participants are required to attend 3-4 sessions throughout the year and at the end of the program two students who have demonstrated great improvement are rewarded with $1000 scholarships for University or College Study.
- The Senate Page Program offers positions to students from Universities in Ottawa and the University of Quebec in Gatineau for one year. This may be of interest to bilingual students who are thinking of going to The University of Ottawa, Saint Paul’s University, Carleton University or the University of Quebec in Gatineau. Interested students are asked to come to student services for more information or visit http://www.parl.gc.ca/employment/senate/pageprogram/splash.htm
- Holland College will begin offering Early Acceptance in select programs to strong applicants starting November 30, 2012. Visit Student Services for more detailed information on programs.
- The University of Ottawa will be having its Information Evening on Thursday, December 6, 2012, at 7:30 pm. The presentations will be streamed live on the web for parents and students who live outside the Ottawa region, so they can also benefit from the important information and advice to be covered. Please visit http://www.admission.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=3566 for more details.
- Saint Mary’s University will be having an open house on Friday, November 23. The open house will take place on the Saint Mary’s Campus and will run from 9:00am to 12:00pm. This is a great chance for future students to talk with current students, meet your future professors, learn what you can do with your degree, connect with representatives from Admissions, Student Services, and Academic Advising, or take a tour of our campus and residence facilities. Students with strong Grade 11 marks may apply for admission and scholarships on the spot! (bring your application and transcript with you)
- Oulton College will be hosting an open house to celebrate 56 years of post-secondary education. The event will taken place on Thursday, November 22, 2012, at 4 Flanders Court, Moncton, NB. Time: 2:00 p.m. Please RSVP before November 19, 2012, by contacting Jessica Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Abegweit Driver Education classes will begin on November 27 at their Charlottetown office. To enroll, call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at http://www.drivepei.com.