It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Chloe Gillis!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Carl Evans, Jessica Campbell for Krista MacFarlane, Kelsea McLean for Sandra Hicken, Kayla Coady for Craig Conohan, Sara Prosser for Gail Greene (pm), and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Lost and Found: A student has misplaced a black Ipod with white headphones. If you have located this missing item, please bring it to the office. Thanks!
- Today in the Cafeteria: BBQ pulled pork sandwich on a Kaiser, comes with Lays baked chips and a small white milk for $5.50.
- Today at lunch break, there will be organs on display promoting the Quit4Life Smoking Cessation Program and showing the effects of smoking on the heart and lungs. Check it out! Outside the office.
- There will be a Grad Activity Committee meeting today at 12:00 noon in Ms. McInnis’ room.
- The Global Action Club will meet today at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
- Mr. Lea’s Global Issues class is taking part in an Active Citizenship Project, selling 50/50 tickets with proceeds going to local families in need. See Emily Blue, Kandyce Wood, Thea Lavers, Chanel Campbell, Laura Ferguson, or Kristen Williams if you would like to purchase tickets. They are having weekly draws!
- Nor-card orders are due today. Please make sure all money and orders are passed in by that time.
- There are a few SPC cards available to purchase. If you are interested please see Mrs. Hicken this week.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- Ball Hockey will start today. Anyone who hasn’t done so, should remember to pay $5.
- All students interested in working as scorekeepers for Basketball must see Ms. Dowd on Wednesday or Thursday. Payment is $10 per game.
- Student Teacher Hockey Game will be held on November 28 at 7:40pm. Any interested Grade 12 students, please see Ms. MacLeod to have your name added to the student team roster. A draw/draft will take place later in the week!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school.
- A Representative from Junior Achievement will be here at 11:45 on Thursday, November 15, to recruit students to the Junior Achievement program. All students interested are encouraged to stop by her booth outside the office on Thursday!
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS this month. Sign up sheets are in Student Services.
- UPEI Nursing on Nov. 22 at 11:45am. (Information from Melanie Coffin MRHS Nurse)
- Saint Mary’s University on November 26 at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on Nov. 28 at 9:15am
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- Patti Larsen has generously given the MRHS Library copies of all of her novels in hard copy and e-book format. Run is one of her novels which is in the process of being made into a feature film. Patti’s books are available for loan in the library! This is a reminder of Ms. Larsen’s writer’s club on Wednesday, November 21, at 3pm. If you missed the last meeting, feel free to come and join the group.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Tomorrow in the Cafeteria: Corn chowder with a home style biscuit and small white milk for $5.
- Clothing Drive: This week, students and staff are asked to bring in your unwanted clothes. The Global Issues class will be going around to houses in Montague on November 17 to pick up any clothing left at the end of the driveways. Please donate all the clothing you can to give to local families in need.
- Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for Thursday and Friday of this week. Teachers are available on Thursday evening from 6:00 to 8:30 and on Friday from 9:00 to 12:00 noon and from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.