It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Morgan McHerron. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Brent Walker, Tynan Murphy, Cody Collins, Maxence Garneau, and Lisa Morrison.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Martin Zver for Lianne Garland and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Congratulations to the Global Action Club for raising $223.23 at their Bake Sale for Hurricane Sandy relief.
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings today. Please make sure you attend.
- Europe Travellers: Last call for cookie dough orders. Please see Mme Flynn TODAY!
- The following students are asked to go to Ms. Hicken’s room at morning break: Megan Walsh, Lily Klein, Hannah Gormley, Bryce Stewart, Chloe Gillis, Leah Jordan, Allie Boyle, and Brynn VanWiechen.
- This is Bullying Awareness Week. Please watch the announcements carefully for more information. There is an ABC meeting today in the Library Conference room at the beginning of lunch break today. Help stop bullying!
- Harry Potter Club is meeting today at 11:45 in Learning Centre B.
- If anyone is interested in joining choir, today is the day. All are welcome!! Rehearsals are Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00 pm and Wednesday mornings at 7:30 am.
- Students are encouraged to submit requests for the Friday Song to the office by Thursday each week. Students who want to request a song must submit a printed copy of the lyrics with their name on the top.
- Mr. Lea’s Global Issues class is taking part in an Active Citizenship Project, selling 50/50 tickets with proceeds going to local families in need. See Emily Blue, Kandyce Wood, Thea Lavers, Chanel Campbell, Laura Ferguson, or Kristen Williams if you would like to purchase tickets. They are having weekly draws!
- Nor-card orders are due on Wednesday, November 14th. Please make sure all money and orders are passed in by that time.
- There are a few SPC cards available to purchase. If you are interested please see Mrs. Hicken this week.
- All students are responsible for a $20 Student Fee which is payable at the main office.
- Ball Hockey will start this Wednesday. Anyone who hasn’t done so, should remember to pay their $5.
- Student Teacher Hockey Game will be held on November 28 at 7:40pm. Any interested Grade 12 students, please see Ms. MacLeod to have your name added to the student team roster. A draw/draft will take place later in the week!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school.
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS this month. Sign up sheets are in Student Services.
- UPEI Nursing on Nov. 22 at 11:45am. (Information from Melanie Coffin MRHS Nurse)
- Saint Mary’s University on November 26 at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on Nov. 28 at 9:15am
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- Patti Larsen has generously given the MRHS Library copies of all of her novels in hard copy and e-book format. Run is one of her novels which is in the process of being made into a feature film. Patti’s books are available for loan in the library! This is a reminder of Ms. Larsen’s writer’s club on Wednesday, November 21, at 3pm. If you missed the last meeting, feel free to come and join the group.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Clothing Drive: This week, students and staff are asked to bring in your unwanted clothes. The Global Issues class will be going around to houses in Montague on November 17 to pick up any clothing left at the end of the driveways. Please donate all the clothing you can to give to local families in need.
- There will be a Grad Activity Committee meeting on Wednesday at 12:00 noon in Ms. McInnis’ room.
- The Global Action Club will meet on Wednesday at 12:00 noon in Room 211.