It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Chandler Tourout.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson, Zak Likely for Carl Evans, Donna White for Kelly Pike, Mark Ogley for Matthew Killeen, and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Parents and Students are reminded that this is a long weekend with no classes on Friday or Monday.
- Today in the Cafeteria: Chicken strips, with baked wedges, dip and a small white milk for $5.
- Europe Travellers are reminded that the cookie dough fundraiser ends today. All money and orders should be in to Mme Flynn by the end of the day.
- The Global Action Club is having a Bake Sale today. All profits go towards Hurricane Sandy victims.
- JAM will be meeting at 11:45 today. All are welcome.
- This is your last week to buy school clothes. Order forms are due today!
- Peer Helpers: There will be no block meetings this week.
- All Student Fees can now be paid at the main office.
- The MRHS Athlete of the Week for the week of November 5 to 9 is Jessica MacKay of the Women’s Volleyball team. Jessica is a Grade Twelve student from Strathcona. She is a dedicated player, the team’s co-captain, manager and setter. Jessica was instrumental in the Women’s Bronze Medal win over Westisle last week.
- The Ball Hockey Tournament will start next Wednesday. Anyone who hasn’t paid should go to the ticket booth at lunch break to pay their $5.
- Any athletes who still have fall sport uniforms must return them to Ms. Dowd this week!
- The Fitness Centre will be open from 8:10 to 8:40 every morning for any students who would like to work out. The Fitness Centre will be open to Power Lifters Only on Fridays after school.
- MRHS Badminton club meets every Sunday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. All students are welcome.
- Wrestling: First official practice for MRHS Vikings Wrestling will take place tomorrow (Thursday), from 4:00 to 5:30pm at Montague Consolidated. All junior high and senior high students (Gr.7-12) interested in school wrestling are welcome.
- No practice on Nov.12 (No School / Remembrance Day)
- Red Rock Wrestling Club will soon begin, in addition to the school team, with additional practices added. Registration and practice times for Red Rock TBA.
- Acadia University is here today from 9:00am to 10:00am to do free admission on the spot with our students. All those interested are asked to see Mr. Conohan in student services to get a transcript!
- The following schools are scheduled to visit MRHS in November. Sign up sheets are in Student Services.
- UPEI Nursing on Nov. 22 at 11:45am. (Information from Melanie Coffin MRHS Nurse)
- Saint Mary’s University on November 26 at 11:45am
- Dalhousie University on Nov. 28 at 9:15am
- Canadian Coast Guard: The selection processes for the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program (OTP) is currently open with a deadline of January 18, 2013. For more information, visit student services.
- Orders for undergrad pictures from re-take day are due by Nov. 9. Please give your orders to the Librarian.
- Patti Larsen has generously given the MRHS Library copies of all of her novels in hard copy and e-book format. Run is one of her novels which is in the process of being made into a feature film. Patti’s books are available for loan in the library! This is a reminder of Ms. Larsen’s writer’s club on Wednesday, November 21 at 3pm. If you missed the last meeting, feel free to come and join the group.
- MRHS Library is selling 4 GB or 8 GB flash drives to raise money for new books! Come see the sample in the library and place your order. All orders must be pre-paid by November 23 for delivery in early December. Get your Lizard!
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
- Clothing Drive: Next week (November 13-16), students and staff are asked to bring in your unwanted clothes. The Global Issues class will be going around to houses in Montague on November 17 to pick up any clothing left at the end of the driveways. Please donate all the clothing you can to give to local families in need.
- Driver Education: For those Montague High students who are taking Driver Education from Larry McGuire, your first class time is at Morell High this Friday, November 9, from 9 am to 2:30 pm. As always, class attendance is required!